Screen Resolution..

Badbird2000

Reaction score
Hey guys, this may have been addressed here and i overlooked the thread, please forgive me. Does anyone know what the resolution of the Bionic is going to be? I have a Droid, and was in the Verizon store the other day just looking. I picked up the IPhone and was really blown away by the screen display. Anyone know how the Bionic is going to compare?
Thanks!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually though the iPhones screen might be smaller its resolution is unparalleled by any android phone (yet). The retina display is the biggest positive the iPhone has over android phones...but we'll get there eventually

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually though the iPhones screen might be smaller its resolution is unparalleled by any android phone (yet). The retina display is the biggest positive the iPhone has over android phones...but we'll get there eventually

+1

We don't know the official resolution yet, but it's the same screen as the Droid X2.

Last edited:

bigdad63

Reaction score
The closest thing to the retina display will be superamoled screen. The bionic will have a pentile screen that will be very bright but reveal (to some) significant pixelation on closer inspection.

Reaction score
The Bionic screen is looking surprisingly vibrant in recent pics, I really cant wait to mess around with one for myself. I m sporting the Iphone4 right now, and yeah the Retina display is unparalleled.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
They probably can't put retina displays in android phones in the US because apple would FLIP and sue the HELL outta whoever did it

nikecar

Reaction score
They probably can't put retina displays in android phones in the US because apple would FLIP and sue the HELL outta whoever did it

That differs from the current status how?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

+1

We don't know the official resolution yet, but it's the same screen as the Droid X/X2.
Which would b 960x540 wouldn't it?

tcayton49

Reaction score

+1

We don't know the official resolution yet, but it's the same screen as the Droid X/X2.

The Droid X doesn't have the same screen as the X2

billyk

Reaction score
This topic has been discussed here at length, but I continue to feel that *for me* the display on the Bionic may be the most significant drawback.

I can happily live with the expected processor speed, RAM, new Moto UI and Moto's great call and build quality. And I appreciate that Pentile displays can offer good brightness and power savings. But, the visual difference I've seen - albeit mostly via online artifacts - between Super Amoled and Pentile is immediate and significant. This also goes of course for Retina and Pentile displays.

I love the appearance and readability of Super Amoled and Retina displays and for me, when the Bionic is released, I'll have to weigh out all of these pros/cons. It's entirely possible that I'll stick with my D1 until something better comes along that's potentially more of a complete package.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^In my experience...

Based on my Droid 1 and DX1, my kids mother wants a Motorola phone just because of how good it is as a phone. Build quality....they both lasted waay longer than my Samsung Omnia 1. Yea its an older phone....but that Omnia 1 didnt survive drops and being in my pocket with keys.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I had the D1 and the DX1, and when I switched to the Droid Charge *everyone* I called commented on how much better the call quality was. Same with my Thunderbolt. I even made some test calls from the store on the Droid 3 and the quality was also sub-par.