My Razr's odd screen problem

spgood

Reaction score
To start off I should say that I have returned my Razr mainly because I shouldn't be spending that kind of money now! Haha, anyways I really liked the phone, maybe a little big for my taste. Anyways my screen...had an odd problem but, although not really a problem more of a WTF is that on my screen. I don't remember which app made it appear but lets say I clicked to open...Motor Trend, or another app. The screen goes dark gray, like a really dark gray and I am looking at it in a dark room. For that split second on that color I see what appears to be, if you will imagine, black splotches like a splash of color on the screen. Then it goes away when any other color appears. It did not appear to affect anything negatively, it would just appear when a certain color was shown. Essentially its like going into a room not seeing the ink on a mirror that black light can show off, and then suddenly seeing it for a split second.

Has anyone else seen this? It slightly concerned me just because I thought it could have been a poorly built screen.

2cents...I also noticed I REALLY miss a dedicated camera button. Hard as hell taking a picture with the forward facing screen without it.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just how the screen is, if you do a search for dark splotches or something to that effect you will find a few threads on it.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Just how the screen is, if you do a search for dark splotches or something to that effect you will find a few threads on it.

Yep, looks like most RAZRs have this issue, and it seems to be that it is just something that happens with this TYPE of screen and that other phones that have the same type of screen have the same problem.

ablank

Reaction score
Yep seems like every device has this little problem; however, out hasn't affected my experience in any way whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums