looking to upgrade from s7, go to s20 or s21?

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
So believe it or not I still have my galaxy s7 since the year it came out and I'm of course at the point where I could justify an upgrade due to it's slowly degrading condition... I figured the cheapest best practical conditions would be to upgrade to the standard s21. I'm thinking of going for the 256gb model. Currently share a family plan with my sister and mother. Do you guys know roughly how much more a month it might be for me with the 5g? And more related to the topic, is it worth going for the s21 as opposed to the s20? I'm already aware of the fact that the screen resolution can only go to 1080p and the fact that they took away sd card support, charger and headphone jack, something I was really upset about. However, I know the s20 is still going to be a good enough phone for most people.

When comparing professional reviews, for whatever reason it seems like the s21 has better reviews overall, not sure if that's due to paid sponsorship or the fact that the s21 technically is a better all overall phone than the s20. I obviously realize that the processor on this one is slightly updated. The slightly "downgraded" screen isn't the biggest lost to me, however the fact that the s20 has sd card support is making me debate that I should just go with that. My gut is telling me to just do the s21 since it's the latest and greatest thing, however I'm not sure if a new phone with sd card support is going to release out of nowhere or if that technology is done with. It's a bit sad to me because I spent 100 and something on a good samsung sd card that's made for 4k video lol but if the s21 actually is a better phone despite the obvious "downgrades" then it may not be the biggest deal. Out of all the reviews I've read it sounds like the s21 is pretty much a bit better in some way in all the departments, battery, picture quality, etc, but it seems like it's technically no or not much different than the s20. It sounds like somebody who currently has the s20 couldn't really justify upgrading considering minimal upgrades, but I'm coming from the s7 so I figure it might be worth it? Let me know what you guys think and thank you!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
If you could find a good deal on the S20 I would go for it ...it's a very capable phone and you are keeping some features over the S21 ...I'm sure you could find a nice deal on one now ... You can't go wrong with either phone for the upgrade ...

Caesars

Reaction score
I haven’t paid as much attention as years passed but When I started looking into the s21 line and saw no SD card… my jaw dropped!

Bring it back! Bring it back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk