Galaxy S8 To Feature 6GB of RAM, and Snapdragon 835

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Qualcomm announced the Snapdragon 835 which brings some significant performance and efficiency boosts over this years Snapdragon 821 processors. It looks like we may see this CPU in the US variants of the Galaxy S8. We will also likely see 6GB of RAM and a 256GB storage option. With the inclusion of the Snapdragon 835 we will also see Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 which brings 20% faster charge times. The improved wireless charging in the S8 will also bring even faster wireless charging. There are also rumors that the S8 will include a design overhaul and may include a virtually bezel less display. This device is shaping up to be game changing.

via BGR

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I am not going to hold my breath. Will wait for the release. I got all hyped over the Note 7 rumors. Not going to do it to myself again!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm more interested in rumors of this and several other phones packing DUAL micro sd slots.

Would probably be a bigger development in tablets, but other than battery it's kind of the last area of the tech lacking. I love the idea of not only having to choose which of my content to have on my phone because of limited storage, but having enough left over but having my phone as a "hard copy" of files I might otherwise have to stash on a USB somewhere.