Galaxy S3 screen cracked by itself.... anyone else? Verizon..

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Tailgun said:
Didn't the white models come later? I thought all the S3s were pebble blue initially and they added the white model later. I'm sure the color itself has nothing to do with it, obviously, but perhaps the fabrication process was changed when they added the new color to the line. (Or maybe the whites are produced at a factory where there's substandard quality control? Products from the same company are often made in different factories and even different countries.)

I ordered the white S3 the second it became available for pre order. My wife got the pebble blue s3 and with in 3 weeks Her S3 had a crack in it. Verizon replaced it when I called them so I can not believe everyone is having this much problems with Verizon.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I ordered the white S3 the second it became available for pre order. My wife got the pebble blue s3 and with in 3 weeks Her S3 had a crack in it. Verizon replaced it when I called them so I can not believe everyone is having this much problems with Verizon.

it really depends on how you present the problem. I can get vzw reps to dance circles for me just by paying the knowledgeable consumer who is extremely loyal. it does depends on the rep and first impression as well

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

firstG1

Reaction score
Mine is blue so I do not think that the color has anything to do with it. I checked with Verizon and they will not do anything about the crack. They want me to turn it into the insurance company. I'm going to wait and see what happens with these phones. Maybe if enough complaints come in, Samsung will start fixing them. My crack is only across the upper left corner and I can live with it for a while. Just FYI, I did Google (IPhone screen cracked by itself) and there where quite a few IPhone users with the same complaint and the response from there carrier. (You dropped it!) Frankly, I think that you should be able to drop these phones without the screen cracking. They are supposed to be portable, not just something, that sits on your desk.

mlewis76

Reaction score
DroidNOOB5 said:
My screen is a corner crack also. White phone. Screen protector and otterbox on it with no drop, bang, nada. Still have it cuz I wasn't too keen on paying $100. To replace it when I did nothing. It was under 10 days old.

If u have not rooted, ur warranty is effective and that is something that is covered and Samsung HAS to replace it. U need to talk to a manager and call Samsung. If u have rooted, Well ur screwed. Unless u can unroot but they now have software that can detect it. But the warranty has nothing to do with whether the store says they will replace it. The warranty is a manufacturer thing, not a carrier thing. MAKE them replace it!!

kparks

Reaction score
mlewis76 said:
If u have not rooted, ur warranty is effective and that is something that is covered and Samsung HAS to replace it. U need to talk to a manager and call Samsung. If u have rooted, Well ur screwed. Unless u can unroot but they now have software that can detect it. But the warranty has nothing to do with whether the store says they will replace it. The warranty is a manufacturer thing, not a carrier thing. MAKE them replace it!!

That's not going to work they just gonna say u abused it or dropped it and u can't prove otherwise

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
It's been pretty mixed. If you're nice enough but also aggressive enough, they'll probably replace it. Gotta find the nice balance of the two though, or else $100 is your best bet...

pleezzzz

Reaction score
Buy a case, put it it in a loose pocket or in your jacket, purse whatever, $600-$700 as much as a 42inch tv, drop that from 4feet,cracccck,tv=stand,smart phone =case, sent from my sg3

applemac

Reaction score
unfortunately complaining on the forum won't get you a new phone... so if its 20 out of 20 million complaining I'm hardly concerned... even if it was 2000 that it happened too

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

You would sure be concerned if YOU were one of the 20...I would! The GS3 has an 'over heating' problem. I suspect Quad core processor/multiple programs running...

huskur

Reaction score
You would sure be concerned if YOU were one of the 20...I would! The GS3 has an 'over heating' problem. I suspect Quad core processor/multiple programs running...

No overheating for me to this date. FYI- I think the U.S. version is only dual core. Korean version is quad core

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

I might be the only one that its happened to with a bionic and I'm not crying about it but then again its not like my phones brand new.... all I'm saying is that its not an epidemic where its happening to a large number of people.. the processor is a dual core, the same one that's going in the new HD line of Motorola's... and I haven't heard of many over heating phones either

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

applemac

Reaction score
I stand corrected. But honestly, it seems like more than a few people have had this happen. And I have noticed mine getting a little warm. I couldn't stand it if it got a crack in it. Just me. :biggrin:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Ok guys, calm down. We don't want this thread to get locked.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please get back on topic and stop the arguing and the attacks.
If this cannot be heeded I will have no choice but to close it and possiblly infractions to members. I do not wish to do either but decorum and respect for each other must be followed.
Thank you

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post