Galaxy S - The Ultimate Droid 2.1.0

eclsnowman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It is a hodge-podge I have been working on over many roms, ports, etc. for a while now. I had to change some things from my LFY 1.9 & 1.95 versions since I couldn't get them to work on TUD 2.1.0. Most thanks on the Galaxy S stuff credit goes to Haxzamatic, then Benny879, signals23, Blackdroid (for the base), and the guys over at XDA for the Galaxy system dump.

I feel it is a very complete theme. but you be the judge. If you like it, donate to the guys above who came before... I do it cause I like the theme.

It includes a lot of modified images by me, icons I found on the web in icon dumps, and some from other roms. Please understand if you see your images in here, let me know and I will give you credit. Just please understand I compiled and grew this theme over many roms and devs now... I don't even know what is inside any more.

Thanks to RedmanX for helping me get started, and especially Haxzamatic for answering my first theming questions. Thanks to Luigi90210 and Xkape for help on the white/white menu buttons on TUD. I think I am gonna play with this more later because it is kinda out of place... but I am tired and my pregnant wife is sick of me doing this.

This update.zip contains: Bluetooth.apk, Browser.apk, Calculator.apk, Calendar.apk, CalendarProvider.apk, Camera.apk, CarHomeGoogle.apk, CarHomeLauncher.apk, Contacts.apk, DeskClock.apk, DownloadProvider.apk, Email.apk, Gallery3D.apk, GenieWidget.apk, Gmail.apk, GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk, LatinImeGoogle.apk, LauncherPro.apk, Mms.apk, Music.apk, Phone.apk, Settings.apk, Talk.apk, Vending.apk, VoiceDialer.apk, YouTube.apk, and of course framework-res.apk. It also changes the font to Zegoe because I can read it better. Some of above apk's are only themed as far as the launcher icons, some have more. If you want to change what installs just pull the files you don't like out of the update.zip.

Here are some images of how it looks on TUD 2.1.0

Q26mZ.jpg

Here are some on LFY 1.9 (but they look the same on TUD)

fynER.jpg

Here are some wallpapers I like on it:SimpleWallpapers.zip

dXVXm.jpg

And here is the update.zip. Enjoy: UD_2.1_GalaxyS_ECLV4_update.zip

NOTE SP Recovery apparently doesn't like this. Either use clockwork recovery to flash it, or fix it to work with SP because I don't know how

I will try to help people and answer questions where I can, but my family first. If I don't answer questions for days at a time, it's not because I don't care, its because I care less about you than my wife and job. Sorry thems-just-the-breaks.

Have fun, report bugs, and feel free to take images out that you like for your own themes, and port this forward If I quit moving it on from rom to rom. Just credit the people I did above, they did most of the heavy lifting. :icon_ banana:

UPDATE: Here is an update.zip with modified framework only that changes unlock buttons to standard Galaxy Style vs UD style. Just load it over the top of your other one. Note that it looks bad without rotary lockscreen because of UD xml's.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c3dg6cts3lhwvw9

G1NwK.png

Last edited:

jcarmicha

Reaction score
You are absolutely AMAZING!
This looks awesome.

Pity that it's black friday and I've already spent $200 and am going out in another hour to add onto it.

I'll find time to flash the newest UD and this theme later on today (Much later as I'll be running on no sleep today)

OP
eclsnowman

eclsnowman

Reaction score
You are absolutely AMAZING!
This looks awesome.

Pity that it's black friday and I've already spent $200 and am going out in another hour to add onto it.

I'll find time to flash the newest UD and this theme later on today (Much later as I'll be running on no sleep today)

Let me know if you notice anything once you get it up and running. I haven't noticed any bugs yet, but I loaded it late last night and went to bed.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
ok one quick thing tho, you said if we didnt want to install something we could just remove it from the .zip...do that using something like 7zip and just delete said file or what? and what if i wanted to just change a color of like the volume bar, how is tht accomplished...

OP
eclsnowman

eclsnowman

Reaction score
ok one quick thing tho, you said if we didnt want to install something we could just remove it from the .zip...do that using something like 7zip and just delete said file or what? and what if i wanted to just change a color of like the volume bar, how is tht accomplished...

7zip or winrar both work to edit the zip in place.

Volume bar is tied to progress_horizontal.xml in framework_res.apk/drawable

Take the progress_horizontal.xml from a rom you like the look of and replace mine, or decompile the apk, edit, recompile (yuk).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
kinfolk.. if you do that, only do it for themes for UD 2.1. xmls are written differently for each rom and each rom version. What color are you trying to make it by the way?

kinfolk248

Reaction score
ohhhhhh ok ; idk maybe red or yellow or green just something other than that galaxy aqua blue ya know...

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well you can yank red from the stock ROM. For green I dunno.... Check the themes for UD 2.1 thread to see some colors.

OP
eclsnowman

eclsnowman

Reaction score
ohhhhhhh ok ; maybe red or green just something other than that galaxy aqua blue color ya know...

progress_horizontal.xml will work from almost any rom. Some of the other xmls don't play so nice.

Green = http://bit.ly/bFvT8v
Sense = http://bit.ly/bpuQdX
Dark blue = http://bit.ly/aBfznd
Orange = http://bit.ly/a5mIP7

For more stuff go to haxzamatics post on xda = http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=709946

Donate to him if you feel the urge, he us really one of the best themers out there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk