Galaxy Nexus Specs Updated - Back to 32GB of Storage!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Galaxy Nexus = Emotional Roller coaster :crazy:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
There were doubts because the tech specs page was updated and showed 16GB version a couple days ago. Every site reported it not just DF...

Everyone knows about the 32GB version you have since it's P3's. That was never in question.

I think it's safe to say all these sites leave a lot to be desired as far as credibility and fact-checking/verification. They are more than happy to report the latest rumors and watch the hits go up - when they all follow the herd mentality it simply removes accountability (they all reported it!). It's really a struggle to call them "journalists" at times.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm still disappointed it doesn't have 48gigs or more (the lousy IP4s is available in 64gigs!). I have plenty of music and video I'd like to store on my phone, not to mention it can be handy back-up device for key computer files. I simply don't want to rely on an mobile connection to use the cloud, especially since I travel a lot and have no signal on an airplane and sometimes only a weak 3g signal away from major cities.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I think it's safe to say all these sites leave a lot to be desired as far as credibility and fact-checking/verification. They are more than happy to report the latest rumors and watch the hits go up - when they all follow the herd mentality it simply removes accountability (they all reported it!). It's really a struggle to call them "journalists" at times.

This wasn't really a rumor since the official Galaxy Nexus Tech Spec page was updated a few days ago to say 16GB only when in the beginning it had both listed.

I see no reason why sites would not report it.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

How do you see this as a rumor when a link with the specs is provided?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Trolls are sulking in their cave now...

Oh wait, back to 16gb tomorrow, Trolls reemerge. :)

If I was Google; I'd do that...

If I had a company that had something popular coming out. I would constantly troll everyone. Put little hints, random logos on pages, and what not.

They should totally put like "exclusively on MetroPCS" on the site for like 10 mins. The internet would explode!

Now I'm just being mean ;)

jcardona1

Reaction score

If I had a company that had something popular coming out. I would constantly troll everyone. Put little hints, random logos on pages, and what not.

They should totally put like "exclusively on MetroPCS" on the site for like 10 mins. The internet would explode!

I can just picture Google employees laughing their asses off as they sit on their bouncy balls and enjoy their steak and lobster lunch after going for a ride on a multi-color beach cruiser (if you've been to the Google complex you'll know what I'm talking about :))

doublea500

Reaction score

everytime that carrier comes up, i think about that stupid chad commercial. i just couldnt imagine chad exclusively having the galaxy nexus in the us.

bjorn65

Reaction score
I'm still disappointed it doesn't have 48gigs or more (the lousy IP4s is available in 64gigs!). I have plenty of music and video I'd like to store on my phone, not to mention it can be handy back-up device for key computer files. I simply don't want to rely on an mobile connection to use the cloud, especially since I travel a lot and have no signal on an airplane and sometimes only a weak 3g signal away from major cities.

try Google music store, I have over 3000 songs on it. With 4 G it updates very quickly. However you can't beat the songs on your device just in case you have no signal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
everytime that carrier comes up, i think about that stupid chad commercial. i just couldnt imagine chad exclusively having the galaxy nexus in the us.

Wasn't Chad with Alltel??

MetroPCS always makes me laugh. For the longest time on their site under the compare 4G plans section. They had pricing for 4G phones/plans on the different carriers. For vzw they picked the Samsung Droid Bionic to compare.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
try Google music store, I have over 3000 songs on it. With 4 G it updates very quickly. However you can't beat the songs on your device just in case you have no signal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I have a Google Music account, but it's not a perfect solution. It will only cache recently played songs and playlists, and I might as well just store that stuff on my phone. The issue is having more than 25gigs of music or whatever, depending on what else you have on there, and you'd have to plan ahead to listen to anything beyond that threshold. Obviously I don't listen to all 30+ gigs of music, but I never know when the mood will hit to play something I haven't listened to in possibly a few years.

Storage is cheap, retail it would cost like an extra $70 for a 32gig card, except I don't even have that option on the Nexus.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
How do you see this as a rumor when a link with the specs is provided?

Because I've seen plenty of "links" with specs in the past that proved to be either premature or faked. I thought this was a leaked screenshot and not from the official page, anyway. Otherwise, my mistake (in this instance).