Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

verizon-galaxy-camera.jpg

Last week rumors were all over about a Galaxy Camera. But then neither Samsung or VZW would confirm it. But now, according to Samsung, it will run on VZW's 4G LTE network...

Rumored Cost: $499.00

Is it worth it?

Samsung Galaxy Camera with Verizon LTE confirmed by product page | The Verge

Last edited:
OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I can't see payin that for a camera that can upload. Maybe if you are an avid photographer... just seems steep to me compared to other cameras that do the same. I'm happy with the GS3 photos ...

silverfang77

Reaction score
I think it would be just the thing for a professional photographer (is it an SLR or point and shoot?) who wants to be able to upload his shots quickly. But for the regular hobbyist, any phone with a camera of at least 8 mpx should suffice.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think it would be just the thing for a professional photographer (is it an SLR or point and shoot?) who wants to be able to upload his shots quickly. But for the regular hobbyist, any phone with a camera of at least 8 mpx should suffice.

You are right. But I guess we just need to wait to see how the photos compare to other devices..

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't they make SD cards with built in upload capabilities now?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

RyanPm40

Reaction score
VERY cool, but too rich for my blood. I wouldn't spend more on a camera than I would for my freakin' TV haha

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
They have the EyeFi cards but they are Wfifi & this is a Point & Shoot Camera so I would invent in s DSLR with EYEFi and tether to my Android

eagle923

Reaction score
With the quality of smartphone cameras anymore, I can't see this being useful. If I want very high quality, I'll go DSLR or Micro 4/3. For everything else, phones like the Lumia 920, iPhone 5, SG3...etc are far more useful since they are always with you.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not for me . This is just a point and shoot camera, if i need that my cell phone will work. Otherwise I will grab my canon SLR

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
At that price might as well just get a Cannon Rebel..and shoot amazing photos. Samsung should of sold this to big box stores...not Verizon.

WishRyder

Reaction score
If this were a phone, and not just an internet enabled camera, I might consider it (or consider getting it for my photographer girlfriend). As it stands now...what's the point? It's filling a very strange niche market.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If this were a phone, and not just an internet enabled camera, I might consider it (or consider getting it for my photographer girlfriend). As it stands now...what's the point? It's filling a very strange niche market.

Makes ya wonder why they just didn't ad phone capabilities. But then people would complain it's to thick for a phone... I'm happy with the S3 Camera, but I bet some fill find this useful.. we need to see a hands on.