Future support?

stikxs

Reaction score
I know this just came out, but I was wondering if in the past LG devices have typically been used by the development community as far as roms and such? It's an interesting device, but I don't like the UI from those unboxing videos I think. And if LG is usually not a phone to get much rom love or removal tools I'll probably pass.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
There will definitely be development for the Spectrum but to what extent is anyone's guess. The LG Nitro HD, it's twin, is seeing development so you may want to check out XDA to see what they are doing with that device.

Nitro HD Android Development - xda-developers

YoungGuner

Reaction score
Yea a few things I can't wait to see is

-having the touch keys at the bottom light up every time you tap the screen
-while taking video, the camera auto focus. doesn't seem to do that now. only auto focus when taking pics, not video.

jzd5032

Reaction score
Yea a few things I can't wait to see is

-having the touch keys at the bottom light up every time you tap the screen
-while taking video, the camera auto focus. doesn't seem to do that now. only auto focus when taking pics, not video.

Go into Settings/Display Settinga/ and uncheck Front Key power save. This allows for the UI buttons at the bottom to light up each time the screen is touched. If you don't see it working, make sure its unchecked, and reboot. Its works

bL33d

Reaction score
i just want root to debloat it and add wifi tether for emergency use. which never happens but still nice to know its there. Phone is damn smooth with tw4.5 launcher add a row to the app drawer to have it use all the space with icons and do the same with home screen.

FatKid

Reaction score
So, root for the Spectrum has been accomplished for a little while but still no support by anyone?