A Msg To Those Who Support Android But Not Google

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
LordKastle, can you just explain in two sentences or less WHY Google doesn't receive your support. You've made your statements as broad as possible, can you give some clarification.

This article probably speaks to some of LordCastles' issues..

Nexus One: Google’s Evil Plan | Android Phone Fans

Oh here's a gift from the article for those that think Google is the Devil....

evil_google_logo1-150x135.jpg
http://phandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/evil_google_logo1-150x135.jpg

Lol I just read that post too! So basically he's worried about Google Slowly setting up the foundations to become the Next Apple?

OP
L

LordKastle

Reaction score
Summary of a recent post that I deleted...

Google is making you dependent on them for all your needs. It is capitalizing on the sheep-like tendencies of society. What is easy must be better...that's the idea here and Google is making convenience seem like a beneficial thing. The strategy is to blind you from what is going on. You are becoming dependent on them for everything. Google is your shepherd.

[They are not like Apple. Apple restricted its OS to their own line of devices. Google allowed their OS to spread on various manufactures and now stabbed them in the back. Don't be surprised when one year from now most of these manufactures revolt and look elsewhere....well as long as Microsoft does not create their own device [which they very well may now do after Google's actions].

Last edited:

au1776

Reaction score
I know a good many people who like Google, but don't full trust the company. I probably fall into this, but I'm clearly not concerned enough to avoid their products.

I don't think Google is out to get us, but if you stand for XXX principles, and a company that has access to a lot of your life stands for YYY ideology, I don't think it is unreasonable to be somewhat skeptical.

That said, the same is true for a host of corporations most of us do business with.

Droids

Reaction score
Who is "we"?
My thoughts too. Who is we? I'm not even reading past page one. LK is a fracking nutcase. Google OWNS Android. Buy an Android phone, get the Google experience. Don't like it? Two choices, disable all the syncing options on the phone, and anything else you don't care for and downgrade the fracking thing to a dumbphone, or just get rid of it and buy a phone with some other OS on it. Don't hang out here and bad mouth everything Google. Get a fricking life.

Droids

Reaction score
Well, there you go LK, your new avatar. Please don't post again without it, it suits you perfectly.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like what Kastle says or not. From the start he's always made his position clear on this subject. So for that I give him props : )

The guy has convictions and I have to respect that.
Difference of opinion is what keeps forums going :) Would be a boring place if everyone felt the same way :icon_ banana:
I agree with you, as always :) There, see how boring that was?

japaleno

Reaction score

Google is making you dependent on them for all your needs. It is capitalizing on the sheep-like tendencies of society.

Yeah they are but, so what? They got to where they are by doing what they do well and far better than the next company in most situations. Yes they collect information but, they are providing you all of these products free of charge, do you really expect to get something for nothing? There is going to be compromise and I for one am willing to gladly make that compromise. I use their products because they suit my needs and should somebody come along that does things better than them I will gladly use their product.

Reaction score

Google is making you dependent on them for all your needs. It is capitalizing on the sheep-like tendencies of society. What is easy must be better...that's the idea here and Google is making convenience seem like a beneficial thing. The strategy is to blind you from what is going on. You are becoming dependent on them for everything. Google is your shepherd.

[They are not like Apple. Apple restricted its OS to their own line of devices. Google allowed their OS to spread on various manufactures and now stabbed them in the back. Don't be surprised when one year from now most of these manufactures revolt and look elsewhere....well as long as Microsoft does not create their own device [which they very well may now do after Google's actions].

Apple restricted their OS to their own line of devices because they are elitist a**holes. Google makes their stuff available to make things better.

Why does it bother you that a company makes good products and offers them for free? It isn't capitalizing on "sheep-like tendencies of society", it's making awesome stuff that people want. Google is a publicly traded corporation, it makes no difference if people decide to use all of their products. If they make poor decisions that screw people over, they will lose a ridiculous amount of money.

Your arguments against google are just argumentative, and you're probably one of those annoying people at work that act like they know everything and everyone else is stupid.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how personal this discussion/debate got lol...I think it's time to agree to disagree.

Peace and Love!! j/k lol...Carry on...

Bucknell2013

Reaction score

Apple restricted their OS to their own line of devices because they are elitist a**holes. Google makes their stuff available to make things better.

Why does it bother you that a company makes good products and offers them for free? It isn't capitalizing on "sheep-like tendencies of society", it's making awesome stuff that people want. Google is a publicly traded corporation, it makes no difference if people decide to use all of their products. If they make poor decisions that screw people over, they will lose a ridiculous amount of money.

Your arguments against google are just argumentative, and you're probably one of those annoying people at work that act like they know everything and everyone else is stupid.

On the last part, the tone definitely conveyed a little bit of "I know everything."

The arguments and statements made, in and of themselves, are not bad. However, the manner in which they were delivered is what's probably drawn people to this thread. After thinking about this, I can see where this guy is coming from. But removing a bit of the "I know everything--everyone else is sheep to society" rhetoric would probably turn the heat down on this thread a notch.
If you are interested in reading more posts like this, I suggest you check out www.abovetopsecret.com --There you will find conspiracy theorists who compile massive posts, with facts and sources, while maintaining the "I know and understand things you don't and won't understand" tone--Plenty of arguments to be had over there.

I do have one question. Who are "We?"

I haven't really seen much unified support for what's been said here--And I do not mean to come off as a jerk. :heart::motdroidhoriz::heart:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

On the last part, the tone definitely conveyed a little bit of "I know everything."

The arguments and statements made, in and of themselves, are not bad. However, the manner in which they were delivered is what's probably drawn people to this thread. After thinking about this, I can see where this guy is coming from. But removing a bit of the "I know everything--everyone else is sheep to society" rhetoric would probably turn the heat down on this thread a notch.
If you are interested in reading more posts like this, I suggest you check out AboveTopSecret.com: Conspiracy Theories, UFOs, Politics, and Many Other "Alternative Topics" --There you will find conspiracy theorists who compile massive posts, with facts and sources, while maintaining the "I know and understand things you don't and won't understand" tone--Plenty of arguments to be had over there.

I do have one question. Who are "We?"

I haven't really seen much unified support for what's been said here--And I do not mean to come off as a jerk. :heart::motdroidhoriz::heart:
I have to agree with you, I definitely agree with both sides of the discussions of this thread but the manner arguments were addressed kinda turned me off a bit.

I feel like I'm back in college and some religious protestor is on the street holding up a sign telling everyone they're all going to hell, then everyone responding with STFU lol..Rather than having a real discussion it's beginning look more like a flame war.

Reaction score
I feel like I'm back in college and some religious protestor is on the street holding up a sign telling everyone they're all going to hell, then everyone responding with STFU lol..

I am in college and it's so much fun doing that! :icon_ banana:

It doesn't help his case that I'm also atheist, so he just really hits two things I don't like: people shoving religious things down my throat, and loud, annoying people.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I feel like I'm back in college and some religious protestor is on the street holding up a sign telling everyone they're all going to hell, then everyone responding with STFU lol..

I am in college and it's so much fun doing that! :icon_ banana:

It doesn't help his case that I'm also atheist, so he just really hits two things I don't like: people shoving religious things down my throat, and loud, annoying people.

Can't argue with you there haha lol

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

A couple things.

Your description of Google is not unlike a cell phone carrier and locked down feature phones.

Or Blackberries.

Or a myriad of other examples. Thats not a herd mentality, thats business. They offer a service, people use it. They don't have to, they could use something else. There is no harm in making a good product. People like good products, and hate bad ones.

Do you really think hardware manufacturers are upset over the N1? Really?

Google didn't make the phone. Nobody is losing money over it. Google isn't the carrier. They are picking up the tab for support though (and tech support is a money sink, not a money maker). The only thing that has changed is the distribution and advertising method. Nothing has changed in hardware manufacturing, or anything else.

HTC isn't losing money over this. Google still needs HTC to make more handsets for them to meet the demand. Its not like Google had HTC make them one handset and then took over the manufacturing of it themselves.

I am curious. Were you on this tirade when Google started selling unlocked G1 phones?

On a side note, I think you might be better off using an unlocked Windows Mobile device (thats a world phone). It suits your outlook on life a lot better than Android does.

Last edited:

rawveeda

Reaction score
Ahhhh Or will it be a matter of time before "exclusive features" will only be available on N1 or other Google manufactured devices.:)

I enjoy the droid. When I am ready for a new device, I will see what is out there.

Last edited: