Full Verizon CES 2011 Press Release Recap

electric6

Reaction score
It amazes me that they have some of the People that demonstrate the phone and they do not know much about the phone. I just finish Watching Jon4Lakers interviewing and looking at the Thunderbolt. He ask the guy if the phone had Flash. The guy shows him the Flash light..

Check It out!!!

YouTube - HTC Thunderbolt: Hands On Tour (Verizon 4G LTE)

I already figured it wouldn't be dual core. For me, it's perfect and the kickstand and stereo speakers are just the icing on the cake. Besides, coming from an old 3GS and having wanted the evo since it came out, I can't wait any longer!! I'm gonna get this in day one.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Jon over at technobuffalo does some awesome reviews IMO, but yeah this dude didn't even know what a tegra 2 chip was and he's showing off the phone, uh yeah

MacPhobia

Reaction score
The Thunderbolt has a front face camera? If it does, it's definitely my next upgrade!

Graaah! No! Thunderbolt doesn't have dual core, HDMI...

Maybe not as good RAM either!

Droid Bionic looks like a good chioice off the bat. The Thunderbolt should have been released a while ago. It's tech is too far behind for now.

tjoney

Reaction score
Having dual core doesn't mean diddley squat without enough ram to take advantage of the extra processing power.

If AT&T had good coverage where I live and an unlimited data plan I would definitely switch.

Doom on you Verizon.

I was extremely unimpressed with their CES presentation. :angry:

Rhino413

Reaction score
Well considering there are hundreds of thousands of VZW customers who have contracts that don't end anytime soon. Myself included I think these phones look nice for network that is new. And the second gen phones that will be out in dec of 2011 will be hands down amazing. And what the hell do you do with your PHONE that requires it to be built like a 67 fastback with 500hp. If your taxing your phone so much that you require a tegra 2 and more than 512 mbs of ram. You should think long and hard about getting a tablet.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Just wantded to say the Thunderbolt has DNLA, which could be used with set top devices like the Xbox 360, ps3, or DNLA blu-ray players, in case you don't have an HDTV with DNLA...BTW what carrier is the LG Optimus 2x going to???

Jmart922

Reaction score
Thunderbolt has MORE Ram then the Bionic, 768 vs 512, personally more RAM is just as important plus with the 32gb micro SD card included, on a beefed up EV0 I think it's going to be a great phone, still considering it vs LG Optimus 2x, that's if its coming to Verizon

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^And we know this about the Ram in phones with dual cores because....yea thats right, we dont know yet.

Like we dont know if the bootloader is locked. We wont know any of this until these phones are actually released.

And like ppl have mentioned, the Atrix is running a full OS alongside Android for the webtop feature. It might NEED 1GB of Ram.

I wouldnt write off the Bionic just yet. That one feature (Ram) and the docks and all of a sudden the Bionic is old news? lol Same cpu/gpu, same screen res, same HDMI mirroring..the Bionic is running Blur thats looks better than whats running on the Atrix. (the Atrix could get updated to run it too but still...)

Yea...I wouldnt count the Bionic out just yet. Like ppl that counted the X out. Look at forums and the X section is among the biggest.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK I take that back about the Ram. lol I just dont see it being as big as a handicap as some make it out to be tho.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea...I wouldnt count the Bionic out just yet. Like ppl that counted the X out. Look at forums and the X section is among the biggest.

Yet the X is still one of the most crippled.

*shrugs*

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
^And we know this about the Ram in phones with dual cores because....yea thats right, we dont know yet.

Like we dont know if the bootloader is locked. We wont know any of this until these phones are actually released.

And like ppl have mentioned, the Atrix is running a full OS alongside Android for the webtop feature. It might NEED 1GB of Ram.

I wouldnt write off the Bionic just yet. That one feature (Ram) and the docks and all of a sudden the Bionic is old news? lol Same cpu/gpu, same screen res, same HDMI mirroring..the Bionic is running Blur thats looks better than whats running on the Atrix. (the Atrix could get updated to run it too but still...)

Jroc at first when I heard that the The Bionic did not have 1G of Ram, I was upset until I looked into some more. I really do want this phone!!! I was looking at the Atrix. But I could not see my self going back to AT&T ever.. The Service here is just Horrible...