FTP App

lazlonger

Reaction score
Ftp

File Transfer Protocol

It's how you browse, download from, and upload to a server you have access to.

samredman

Reaction score
thrashtrash wrote: can anyone drop some knowledge on me and let me know what the heck FTP is?

There are several search engines, Google.com is probably the best, Bing.com is good too. These will enable you to answer questions you have about common computer terms. Learning to use these search engines will save you having to type in questions which just irritate everyone else and take the thread away from the topic.

Incidentally, (back on topic) I downloaded AndFTP. It's great. Works perfectly. Combining that with PhonemyPC enables me to have complete control of remote computers and servers. I acccessed my remote computer with PhonemyPC, used that to purchase some mp3's and download them into my desktop computer. Then, I used the AndFtp to transport them onto my Droid sd card. All so very smooth.

GreenGreySS

Reaction score
I'm attempting to download a driver from the hp.com to my droid sd card and the browser says "You do not have permission to open this page. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL15749/ja-41678-13/upd-5_0_1-pcl5_winxp-vista-x64.exe" Any Idea how AndFTP can download from this site? I've tried it, but had no luck. Thanks

Luxferro

Reaction score
I'm attempting to download a driver from the hp.com to my droid sd card and the browser says "You do not have permission to open this page. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL15749/ja-41678-13/upd-5_0_1-pcl5_winxp-vista-x64.exe" Any Idea how AndFTP can download from this site? I've tried it, but had no luck. Thanks

I just tried this with AndFTP. Worked fine here, I downloaded that exact file.

Make sure you tab over to your local location, and pick a path on your SD card you want the file to go to prior to downloading. then tab back to the ftp site and download.

GreenGreySS

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. That worked great! Took me a minute to figure out what to use for the Username and Password, but it worked great after that. Thanks again!