FTP App Query

KevinJ

Reaction score
Hey all. Have a question (or two or three).

I know there are a few FTP apps out there, but before I go and mess around I thought I would ask the experts here. What are these apps designed for with use by the Droid?

What I'm looking for is a way to FTP something from my Droid to a remote site where my website's located.

My NPO does public events during the summer, and we put a special message on our website to announce whether we are open or closed to the public. I would like to be able to change that remotely. If I have the separate html pages on my SD card (copied over when hooked to the computer), can I FTP them to the server the website is on?

That's what I'm looking for.

TIA.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: I use AndFTP and it works perfectly for uploading and and downloading data to the Droid's SD card from a remote location. It has ftp, sftp, etc. and is pretty easy to use.

I recently found out that the file manager app Astro also has some FTP capabilities built in, but I haven't messed around with that a lot.

As long as you can edit the HTML pages (on your computer I assume) then you should be able to ftp them to your site's server just fine.

br91655

Reaction score
Search for EStrongs File Explorer. Does local, LAN (UNC), FTP, and Bluetooth (OBEX/FTP) file operations. Free on the market.

forkup

Reaction score
Andftp works fine for me. Create the 2 files you need and rename then with andftp. :)

OP
K

KevinJ

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied. I've got some messing around to do. :)