Fruit Ninja comes to Android devices

J

JohnDroid

fruitdroid.jpg

While my Nexus One's battery gently weeps I'm nothing but smiles as Fruit Ninja by Halfbrick has found it's way onto the Android platform.

It started with Angry Birds (Beta) and shortly after came Fruit Ninja but it looks like Google is finally getting serious about gaming on Android devices. For those of you who don't know, Fruit Ninja was one of the wildly popular iOS games that made its debut on the iPhone. It has now been ported over to Android devices and let me tell you, there's no better way to spend 99 cents!

The game is dead simple yet incredibly addictive, as is the recipe for most time consuming games. Your finger is the ninja sword and you have to swipe it through whatever fruit pops up on screen. You get extra points for combos when you slice through multiple fruits (3 minimum) in a single swipe and you also get extra points for random "critical" hits.

fruitninja1.jpg

There are two modes of game play, the regular game and the new (since I last played it on the iPhone at least) "zen" mode. In the classic game you swipe at the fruit until you let 3 fruits drop off screen un-sliced. There are also bombs in the classic mode which, once you swipe them, will end your game immediately regardless of how many strikes you have remaining against you.

In zen mode there are no bombs and no strikes against you. You simply have 90 seconds to slash through as much fruit as your little ninja fingers can get through.

fruitninja2.jpg

Also new since the last time I played is the "dojo." You can unlock weapon upgrades and different in game backgrounds in the dojo by slicing certain amounts of fruit or getting a certain amount of points or even slicing a specific amount of a certain kind of fruit.

This game also makes use of OpenFeint which will allow you to post scores online and find others to play against head-to-head.

fruitninja3.jpg

All in all for the crazy addictiveness of this game and the insanely cheap cost there is no reason not to give this a download. You will be hooked in an instant and it'll offer you some much needed refuge from trying to get 3 stars on the 1st 15 levels of the Angry Birds Beta.

(Thanks to gonzo13 for the article. Via: Nexus One Forum.net)

streetkid

Reaction score
Anyone done multiplayer yet? Looking to play it with a friend while at work

drtnsnw

Reaction score
damn thing won't download on my Dinc. Paid for it and everything and all it says is authorizing! Stupid

Chris

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bout to try this out right now.

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X