Samsung Galaxy S3 + Fruit Ninja + REAL Knife = Crazy?

ryanr509 said:
Ya and the dealership told me my 04 civic would get 40 MPG

Sounds like someone needs to go back to middle school science class.

Minerals can only be scratched by minerals equal or harder to it. Glass is technically not a mineral but it can be classified as being harder or softer according to Mohs' scale of mineral hardness.

Glass is generally a high 5 to a 6.

Talc is 1, Steel is 4, aluminium is 3, diamonds are 10
 
zomnomnombie said:
Sounds like someone needs to go back to middle school science class.

Minerals can only be scratched by minerals equal or harder to it. Glass is technically not a mineral but it can be classified as being harder or softer according to Mohs' scale of mineral hardness.

Glass is generally a high 5 to a 6.

Talc is 1, Steel is 4, aluminium is 3, diamonds are 10

So ur saying if I took a piece of stainless steel at the machine shop I work at that I couldn't scratch my screen? I'd really like to do it and send u the picture of the scratch.
 
ryanr509 said:
So ur saying if I took a piece of stainless steel at the machine shop I work at that I couldn't scratch my screen? I'd really like to do it and send u the picture of the scratch.

Stainless steel is carbonized steel. Carbonized steel is harder than regular steel. Depending on the carbon content of the particular stainless steel and the quartz content of the glass it may or may not scratch it.
 
OK so I'm sure that alot of things that are made of metal keys, key rings, necklaces probly are hardened, carbonized or have some kinds of minerals and aren't pure metals and are capable of scratching the screen. The screen is scratch resistant not scratch proof.
 
ryanr509 said:
OK so I'm sure that alot of things that are made of metal keys, key rings, necklaces probly are hardened, carbonized or have some kinds of minerals and aren't pure metals and are capable of scratching the screen. The screen is scratch resistant not scratch proof.

I will agree with the scratch resistant not scratch proof.
 
OK so I'm sure that alot of things that are made of metal keys, key rings, necklaces probly are hardened, carbonized or have some kinds of minerals and aren't pure metals and are capable of scratching the screen. The screen is scratch resistant not scratch proof.

All the scratches on my screen are on the lower part and from grit in my pockets. There are no scratches on it other than that and it has definitely come into contact with other surfaces.
 
I have a scratch on my screen right in the middle right hand side of the screen that I can feel with my finger nail. And another on the top left I can feel with my finger nail.
 
Back
Top