Froyo ota update!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfoshee

Reaction score
Alright this is just me being lazy and don't feel like poking through about 500 threads about the same subject looking for answers. Does anyone know if the original Motorola Droid is getting the update for android 2.2 (Froyo) anytime soon? Just tell me straight up how it is, preferably with a link to a valid source!!! I'm craving frozen yogurt!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, no one knows...and please use question marks next time, not exclamation.

OP
mfoshee

mfoshee

Reaction score
Yea sorry about that probably got your hopes up i just figured it would grab more attention and get answers faster... my bad

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Use the search function. Just because your too lazy to search around and find your answer doesn't give you the right to create a misleading thread wasting everyone's time.

OP
mfoshee

mfoshee

Reaction score
yea sorry but at least im trying to gather information not just tagging android 2.2 update to show off screen shots of my phone like I've seen on some of the other threads that are tagged for android 2.2 update... i kinda lost the trail when it was supposed to go OTA on the 13th. lately all the news has been about Droid X, not that its not a great phone but I really don't feel like going and paying full price for one cuz im still in contract with my moto droid.

Reaction score
Will the droid get a froyo ota update is a yes no doubt about it, when will it hit? no one knows for sure yet.

OP
mfoshee

mfoshee

Reaction score
Thanks, but damn the lack of leaked information on this subject...

Project37

Reaction score
Alright this is just me being lazy and don't feel like poking through about 500 threads about the same subject looking for answers.

Thanks for creating the 501st thread and adding more confusion for the people that AREN'T lazy and trying to search through nonsense threads like this looking for valid information. Cheers! :p

Anyway, Froyo is out if you want to do the work for it (try searching first, though). Otherwise, we are all waiting for Verizon to give it their corporate approval before they official distribute it to the mainstream. There is no official timetable - anything you read is speculation at best. If you're impatient (as I was several months ago for 2.1), then root. Otherwise, you've got a pretty sweet phone as it is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.