Froyo Manual Update: Tired of Waiting?

Crypt92

Reaction score
If you are tired of waiting for froyo you can go to android central and manually update froyo. i don't think i will because i'm 2 lazy and i rather have it OTA. Go ahead if you are one of those impatient ppl who are blaming companies just trying not to give us a bugged froyo.=]

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are tired of waiting for froyo you can go to android central and manually update froyo. i don't think i will because i'm 2 lazy and i rather have it OTA. Go ahead if you are one of those impatient ppl who are blaming companies just trying not to give us a bugged froyo.=]

Here's the thing. What you get leaked is not going to be too different from what you get OTA.

Now I think the OTA for the Incredible is going out now is that right? Then somebody has to have a copy on a server in the internet.

You have a better chance of getting a successful update from that copy then you do from an OTA. There are less chances of something going wrong.

99 out of 100 people OTA won't have a problem (I don't really know that but you get my drift). And it will be that 100th person who is a member of this Forum telling us how the OTA screwed up their Incredible. ;)

If you have a chance to download it yourself, just do it.

OP
Crypt92

Crypt92

Reaction score

Here's the thing. What you get leaked is not going to be too different from what you get OTA.

Now I think the OTA for the Incredible is going out now is that right? Then somebody has to have a copy on a server in the internet.

You have a better chance of getting a successful update from that copy then you do from an OTA. There are less chances of something going wrong.

99 out of 100 people OTA won't have a problem (I don't really know that but you get my drift). And it will be that 100th person who is a member of this Forum telling us how the OTA screwed up their Incredible. ;)

If you have a chance to download it yourself, just do it.

lol. i'll try it but i'm not good w/ the manual update.

DroidMan1983

Reaction score
Dumb question, but by default, it tries to save this file to my internal drive. How do I make it save it to my SD carD?

Axel

Reaction score
I've been holding holding off on rooting just yet because I read that it can mess up the signature to receive OTA updates. So now I'm curious, does anyone know if it is possible to root the regular HTC Sense firmware then apply this update manually? And if it will remove root access?

Dumb question, but by default, it tries to save this file to my internal drive. How do I make it save it to my SD carD?

You could use a file manager to move it there after the fact?

Reaction score
did you do their file or the one directly from google because the one directly from google didn't work for me

Reaction score
It didn't work for me the installation aborted I think its because I was rooted and then I unrooted by downgrading maybe that's why I haven't gotten the OTA update also can anybody help me with this?

Bowtie

Reaction score
Google link didn't work for me, unrooted, but did do the 720 radio update. Trying the other link now.

Same for the megaupload link, and they are the exact same size, so my guess is they are the same file.

theguy386

Reaction score
downloading right now, will post back in a few and let you all know how it went (downloading from Google link)

Bowtie

Reaction score
Everything I am reading says that unless you are 100% original, it will fail. Does anyone have the link to the thread that talked about how to roll back the radio?

Grettski

Reaction score
I just did the manual update. It was totally easy. Took about 15 minutes to complete. I am so rockin some Froyo! :icon_ banana:

theguy386

Reaction score
Installed fine
Droid boot up screen, took a little long and had to reboot again =\

Once up splash screen saying Congratulations to version 3.2.21.605.1

Right away in app drawer all new apps previously announced installed. Improved gmail client.

I seem to be getting a lot of force closes though with several different apps, including HTC sense, will have to see how the rest of the day goes. Hopefully this 2.2 will live up to the hype.