Froyo Manual Update: Tired of Waiting?

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Installed fine
Droid boot up screen, took a little long and had to reboot again =\

Once up splash screen saying Congratulations to version 3.2.21.605.1

Right away in app drawer all new apps previously announced installed. Improved gmail client.

I seem to be getting a lot of force closes though with several different apps, including HTC sense, will have to see how the rest of the day goes. Hopefully this 2.2 will live up to the hype.

can you long hold on the gmail client and copy now??? thats the only thing about the phone that bugs me.

theguy386

Reaction score
Installed fine
Droid boot up screen, took a little long and had to reboot again =\

Once up splash screen saying Congratulations to version 3.2.21.605.1

Right away in app drawer all new apps previously announced installed. Improved gmail client.

I seem to be getting a lot of force closes though with several different apps, including HTC sense, will have to see how the rest of the day goes. Hopefully this 2.2 will live up to the hype.

can you long hold on the gmail client and copy now??? thats the only thing about the phone that bugs me.

No long press yet :(. BUT now there's a menu option to "select text"

dyvurcz

Reaction score
tried the megaupload link and the installation aborted. I'm on 100% original. Not sure why it's not working for me.

dyvurcz

Reaction score
Update I got it to work. Just in case anyone makes the same mistake I did. DO NOT rename the file update.zip, just leave it as plain "update". Since it is already a zip file adding ".zip" will make it "update.zip.zip" which will not work. dancedroid

OP
Crypt92

Crypt92

Reaction score
Update I got it to work. Just in case anyone makes the same mistake I did. DO NOT rename the file update.zip, just leave it as plain "update". Since it is already a zip file adding ".zip" will make it "update.zip.zip" which will not work. dancedroid

this seems to be the most common problem ppl are having.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Is this the actual update people are getting in the OTA? And does this update also upgrade your radio to the 2.15?

Reverend

Reaction score
Yes it's the same update people are getting OTA and yes it upgrades your radio to 2.15.

I got impatient waiting for my OTA and just did the manual update. Worked great!

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I did it, too! No problems! The keyboard's gonna take getting used to with how they moved the colon, though!

Only thing I don't like is the bloatware that you can't get rid of that always runs (ie: skype mobile) but overall I'm happy with the update. Much smoother than skyraider IMO.

Reverend

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any lag on the keyboard, but then I am using swype

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i updated.. i compared the software screen to a guy that got the OTA, its exactly the same ... all that fiending for my screen to say 2.2....

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I've noticed some lag on the keyboard when its texting in the notification box handcent opens for you, but besides that, not too bad..

theguy386

Reaction score
I've noticed some lag on the keyboard when its texting in the notification box handcent opens for you, but besides that, not too bad..

Yup, that's where I've been noticing the lag, using handcent... since I've been texting all day. Haven't tried anything else, but will do so right now

RyanPm40

Reaction score
But just so you know, I'm only referring to the box it opens when you receive a new text. If I'm actually in the application, texting seems smooth to me