OTA updates after root & 2.2

slalomx

Reaction score
Several weeks ago I used Easy Root to root and then I manually installed what I thought was the official 2.2 update. Not even sure what version possibly FrG22.

Since then I have received 2 OTA updates that say it is the 2.2 Froyo update(76.9 mb). I tried to just install it, but I think SPRecovery is somehow messing the install up.

Now this morning the OTA update is bugging me again. How do I either install it or get it to stop trying to install since I already have it?

warrior21

Reaction score
If you have SpRecovery installed it will block the official update. I got two notifications and blocked them both times and haven't seen anything since.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Several weeks ago I used Easy Root to root and then I manually installed what I thought was the official 2.2 update. Not even sure what version possibly FrG22.

Since then I have received 2 OTA updates that say it is the 2.2 Froyo update(76.9 mb). I tried to just install it, but I think SPRecovery is somehow messing the install up.

Now this morning the OTA update is bugging me again. How do I either install it or get it to stop trying to install since I already have it?

You have to remove the root to install it. FWIW it's FRG01B that's trying to install, and shortly after that the next update will be FRG22D.

Now if you want to stay rooted and get a signed copy of the Verizon update go here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...es-frg01b-official-get-here-6.html#post713153

Read Jrummy's post and click on the link. I think it's better then running leaked FRG22.