Froyo ota in Toledo Ohio

antron007

Reaction score
Im on the droid1 and I Just got a txt from Verizon that said.

"Free VZW Msg.Your Droid was sent the Android 2.2 software update including Adobe Flash 10.1. Click for more info: http://vzw.com/droidupdate"

I'm running kangerade (strawberry) from rom manager so I didn't get it. What build is this they are pushing now?

I pushed the leaked update back on 8-13(frg01 I think it was) then ended up rooting anyway.

Ill be honest. I was afraid to brick my phone because it IS my phone but it took like 20 minutes tops. I used the easy root app with no problems.

I had to wipe for the first one but I've tried a few roms now and haven't had to wipe even.

The Droid is just awesome.

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are still sending FRG22D out.

And I'm wondering why a thread was started?

OP
A

antron007

Reaction score
Thanx hook.

I primarily started the thread for geological reasons. This is the first I've heard of an ota in my neck of the woods so I figured I'd just put it out there.

The threads here get so big so quick its easy to get lost in the shuffle. And the search sux. I can't tell You how many times I've tried searching just to end up reposting an already answered question.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, but we have mentioned many, many times that the updates are totally random. I probably spend a little more time in the Forum then you do and I can tell you that I have seen many updates in the Ohio area. Now true, you're in Northwestern Ohio and while I can't say for certain I've seen one in that specific area, the fact remains about random distribution.

OP
A

antron007

Reaction score
OK, but we have mentioned many, many times that the updates are totally random. I probably spend a little more time in the Forum then you do and I can tell you that I have seen many updates in the Ohio area. Now true, you're in Northwestern Ohio and while I can't say for certain I've seen one in that specific area, the fact remains about random distribution.

Wow. I Can't image what an internal hassel that could cause by being completely random. I know you're right but how could such a large company like Verizon do such a potentially disastrous thing.
I mean I could see randomly by sector but not by phone. But then again if there is a major problem its probably best that its a few users nation/world wide as opposed to just a few areas entirely screwed.

Anyway now I'm just typing. Thanx again hook. You've always been very helpful to me.

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I got this text message as well - I wonder if they sent it because I did not get the update via OTA - I manually updated to Froyo and installed the Flash fix when that became available. I am not rooted and running the most current versions. I've never gotten a notice via text message that I could download an upgrade before this. They aren't actually sending the update they send you to a link

http://vzw.com/droidupdate

weird...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Wow. I Can't image what an internal hassel that could cause by being completely random. I know you're right but how could such a large company like Verizon do such a potentially disastrous thing.
I mean I could see randomly by sector but not by phone. But then again if there is a major problem its probably best that its a few users nation/world wide as opposed to just a few areas entirely screwed.

Anyway now I'm just typing. Thanx again hook. You've always been very helpful to me.

They not only do this with Droids. Blackdberry, which I'm sure they have even more of has distribution done the same way.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I got this text message as well - I wonder if they sent it because I did not get the update via OTA - I manually updated to Froyo and installed the Flash fix when that became available. I am not rooted and running the most current versions. I've never gotten a notice via text message that I could download an upgrade before this. They aren't actually sending the update they send you to a link

weird...
Well, what version of 2.2 do you have? If you don't have FRG22D then accept the update.

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

weird...
Well, what version of 2.2 do you have? If you don't have FRG22D then accept the update.

it is NOT an OTA update - it's a plain, vanilla text message - greetings from Verizon. No accepting, no declining - just read it and visit the link

I am running FRG22D - I just forced it manually instead of waiting for the OTA

This is not the OTA being delivered - sorry my earlier post was unclear