Anyone else get a text from vzw telling them they got 2.2?

RoyR80

Reaction score
lmbo, i too got it. but i've been on 2.2 for some time now.... (rooted)
Way to drop the ball big red....

Bateluer

Reaction score
Got the text, no email. Rooted and currently running Sapphire 1.1.1. Thought it was odd, but it woke me up in the 'middle of the night' for me, so I deleted it and went back to sleep. :)

PCRoger

Reaction score
I just got my Droid X from Verizon a few days ago, it says 2.1 update 1; I tried doing an update and it said there were none.

I intend to root the phone so I can use the hotspot feature (as soon as I finish figuring it all out); any suggestion - should I try to get the 2.2 update from Verizon first?

thanks,
PCRoger

RemyL75

Reaction score
I just got my Droid X from Verizon a few days ago, it says 2.1 update 1; I tried doing an update and it said there were none.

I intend to root the phone so I can use the hotspot feature (as soon as I finish figuring it all out); any suggestion - should I try to get the 2.2 update from Verizon first?

thanks,
PCRoger

Umm, I don't think the 2.2 update is out yet. The update they are talking about in this thread is the official 2.2 for Motorola Droid 1. Trust me, if you read this forum, you will def know when they start rolling out official 2.2 for Droid X.

RemyL75

Reaction score
Got the txt, then the email. I don't want to try it for fear I'll muck up my phone. Rooted on 2.2 already (Lithium Mod.... WOOOO!!).

zfly9

Reaction score
Well if it's any consolation.. I now see Flash in the market and have never before (although haven't checked in about a week).

I am rooted Saphire.