Anyone else get a text from vzw telling them they got 2.2?

Detonation

Reaction score
Got this text earlier today:

"Free VZW Msg. Your Droid was sent the Android 2.2 software update including Adobe Flash 10.1. Click for more info: http://vzw.com/droidupdate"

Interesting that they send this out now when apparently the roll out ended Sept 4th, and I got the update almost 2 weeks ago.

jfgoodysr

Reaction score
I got one too, but thought I already got it over a week ago! Is this a different update, or might it fix some problems with the other one?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Roger that. I got it today as well.

Sent from my Droid

listenman20

Reaction score
i got it this afternoon. it's not another update. i think it's just to let us know it's available...

BodyMarks

Reaction score
If you are rooted and get this same text (I just got it 6pm) what do you do? Just ignore it? I had not seen this before

harrellj

Reaction score
If you are rooted and get this same text (I just got it 6pm) what do you do? Just ignore it? I had not seen this before

I got it today too and am rooted (and never got either 2.2 OTA update) so I'm just laughing. Since the text is just a notification, I'd say its pretty safe to ignore.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got both a text and an email. I manually installed Froyo and the phone says it's up to date.

Droids

Reaction score
I got the text today even though I did a manual clean install of FRG22D a couple of days ago.

dorlisa

Reaction score
I got an email about an hour ago saying it was automatically installed... but I am rooted... .how do I know if it installed??

I manually installed it a week before I rooted.

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got an email about an hour ago saying it was automatically installed... but I am rooted... .how do I know if it installed??

I manually installed it a week before I rooted.

I got the text message AND an e-mail..... I'm using the update already...

Last edited: