Froyo Kangerade Issues - Wifi, LWP

JP 5.56

Reaction score
This is my very first time doing anything with root access/roms and so far its mostly good.

However I am running into a couple different issues I'd like to try to resolve.

Wifi: It was working, now its just...not. The wifi icon indicates its getting a signal, settings shows its connected. I reentered my wep key to be sure. Nothing. Turn off wifi and 3g takes over and works just like it should. Any ideas?

Live wall papers: Can't get the scripts to work. I installed the goodies folder per instructions and open terminal, type the script commands and it says LWPXXXXX changed, but it does not actually change anything, other than make the neural network LWP FC (and never open). I'm assuming this is where it should be changing to the LWP of my choice? How do I get this to work.

Otherwise the rom is amazingly fast/smooth and looks really good too. dancedroid

shinji1225

Reaction score
This is my very first time doing anything with root access/roms and so far its mostly good.

However I am running into a couple different issues I'd like to try to resolve.

Wifi: It was working, now its just...not. The wifi icon indicates its getting a signal, settings shows its connected. I reentered my wep key to be sure. Nothing. Turn off wifi and 3g takes over and works just like it should. Any ideas?

Live wall papers: Can't get the scripts to work. I installed the goodies folder per instructions and open terminal, type the script commands and it says LWPXXXXX changed, but it does not actually change anything, other than make the neural network LWP FC (and never open). I'm assuming this is where it should be changing to the LWP of my choice? How do I get this to work.

Otherwise the rom is amazingly fast/smooth and looks really good too. dancedroid

Similar / same issue here. Wifi just does not work, as it sporadically detects the network I'm trying to get on, then simply drops out constantly without locking on signal long enough to connect. Tried different basebands, networks, etc. with no effect. Had to revert back to previous custom ROM which immediately solved the issue. Otherwise, fantastic release.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Couple other things I've noticed.

Weird Google Calendar syncing: If I go to the calendar app it does not show any of my google calendar entries. However, the android agenda widget displays them. Not sure what this is all about?

GPS: It does not seem to lock on to satellites as fast as it used to.
On stock 2.1 I could get a fix nearly instantly when firing up GPS status (sitting in my office)

Now, its been trying for about 10 minutes.... not sure if its the rom or coincidence or what?

I really love how fast this rom is and how it looks, but I need all this stuff to work :(

shinji1225

Reaction score
I think some of the issues stem from FroYo still being a work in progress itself, at least in terms of what's been leaked out to the public (and subsequently in all these custom ROMs).

Using the wireless issue as an example, it looks like corporate networks with EAP security (the types I'm trying to connect to) do not work under FroYo. There are dozens of postings about this on various forums, including the Google forums.

There is already a newer version of FroYo itself that will hopefully be available publicly soon, not to mention official ROMs from Motorola (etc.) that can also be modified too.

For now, I'll chalk it up to the ROM itself needing a bit more refinement with development, versus anything our devs here are doing wrong. Every developer working on these public custom ROMs has done a fantastic job it seems, and hopefully these things will iron themselves out with newer releases.

DrkStoner

Reaction score

Had the same issues best way to fix is like so in terminal use the following commands:
$ su
# wpXXXX
# Sync

hit the home key open live wallpapers and test Neural network should see the new Lwp

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score

Had the same issues best way to fix is like so in terminal use the following commands:
$ su
# wpXXXX
# Sync

hit the home key open live wallpapers and test Neural network should see the new Lwp

BY "wpXXXX" I'm assuming thats the script command for the specific LWP I want?
Ex:
su
lwpandroid3
sync

If thats the case, still no worky for me. :icon_evil:

Edit to add:

I did notice that if I choose the biowater LWP, if I go look at the stock "Water" LP, its changed its icon to look like the biowater LWP, it still crashes though.

None of the neural network style wallpapers change the icon in the same manner.

This has been the case over at least 4 different installs of Kangerade (complete wipes in between - checking out the colors)

Last edited:

DrkStoner

Reaction score
Interesting only other suggestion I can make is use rom manager premium and use it to change it once selecting no thanks on the other rom options besides live wallpaper for some reason it was the only way I got the nexus walls to work but I can now use the scripts fine

Also on the wifi issue it is a known issue try p3droids newest kernels it has the wifi fix but has erratic cpu usage some times freezing completly on my phone but works great on my buddies droid I modded for him

Last edited:
OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Interesting only other suggestion I can make is use rom manager premium and use it to change it once selecting no thanks on the other rom options besides live wallpaper for some reason it was the only way I got the nexus walls to work but I can now use the scripts fine

I'd try that but selecting a live wallpaper in the rom manager, downloading the kangerade customizer makes the download fail. I'll give it another shot later maybe.

Edit: interesting, not failing this time. I'll let you know the results.

Edit again: hey it worked. Now do I dare try the scripts to change to other ones?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

DrkStoner

Reaction score
Jp the only time I have seen the rom manager fail a download is when I failed to clear my cache or loaded n app backup with a used rom manager instead of installing it fresh

DrkStoner

Reaction score
You can try the scripts now from what I understand the Tom manager method clears the lwp cache

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Jp the only time I have seen the rom manager fail a download is when I failed to clear my cache or loaded n app backup with a used rom manager instead of installing it fresh

I think it had something to do with JRummy's servers getting hammered. They were having issues because of all the traffic DroidLife threw his way.

When you would go through the Kangerade Customizer download, if you picked a LWP it would fail when it got to that point. Last night I said "no thanks" to all options except the LWP and it finally downloaded it.