Froyo Here For The Droid X

Eolly

Reaction score
If your having a problem getting this to install. I suggest backing up your apps that you can run a back up on. Save it to you sdcard then copy it to you r pc just incase. Then do a factory reset and do the root and update that way. Will save you time and frustration of having to wait on people to respond to your questions here.

I posted a couple pages back a easy way to activate your phone. Its a guide in the rescue forum. Search my name in this forum if you missed it, trust me it can save a phone call and or a trip to a verizon store. Plus with that activation bug its not unlikely it will happen. Even with a sucessfull update anything is possible.

I tired for hours to get my phone rooted. Everything I did to resolve my issue just seemed to make me more upset cause it wouldnt work. I decided I would hard reset and if that didnt remove everything I would flash the sbf. Once I hard reset and got past the activation, I rooted then updated. Went flawlessly I actually got engrossed in a forum debate on another site and forgot about the phone and it was done and waiting for me to reboot faster than I expected.

zachcr250

Reaction score
I did do factory reset. But i think its because i changed the notification bar in haku's post. And i have root.
Haku said easy way was to flash sbf. That's alot of work.right.

Eolly

Reaction score
I did do factory reset. But i think its because i changed the notification bar in haku's post. And i have root.
not really
if you follow the directions at alldroid its real simple.
saves you a lot of trouble and frustrations.

truckrod

Reaction score
ok i am on the pc now! and not from the key board on the phone . what i was saying is !!!! that i would not mess with any files,bootstrapper logwrapper bhl bhl bhl !!!! on the phone as of now just to install a update.zip ! just to get froyo now! now! now! Koush has done excellent work and has got the droid x to recovery and he was the only one that has done this ! the update is not a rom. for thoes of you gowing back to stock just to get froyo now ! in MO is a waist of time and people are bashing dev is not cool. This may end in result of the progress of whats already been started for a rooted droid x with loadable roms. if you are rooted and have the bootstrapper in place as soon as a rom is built you will be able to flash a rom of the clockwork recovery just like the motodroid 1.

Admin edit****

@ truckrod next time you use those terms on DF will be the last

Eolly

Reaction score
ok i am on the pc now! and not from the key board on the phone . what i was saying is !!!! that i would not mess with any files,bootstrapper logwrapper bhl bhl bhl !!!! on the phone as of now just to install a update.zip ! just to get froyo now! now! now! Koush has done excellent work and has got the droid x to recovery and he was the only one that has done this ! the update is not a rom. for thoes of you gowing back to stock just to get froyo now ! in MO is a waist of time and people are bashing dev is not cool. This may end in result of the progress of whats already been started for a rooted droid x with loadable roms. if you are rooted and have the bootstrapper in place as soon as a rom is built you will be able to flash a rom of the clockwork recovery just like the motodroid 1. So just hold on for a rom release from Koush.
*eolly* You stfu

It doesnt matter if your on the phone or at a pc. Your sentence are so incoherent and just rambles.

Now I will address your statement since I spent 45 minutes deciphering itdancedroid.

If people are going back to stock there is a reason. You might not had a problem but that is not to say nobody will encounter something that causes more trouble than just going stock and rooting and updating. Seriously I spent multiple hours trying to fix my errors. As so many here have mentioned you fix one another pops up.

It took me a total of 45 minutes to go stock root and update. That was even going to Verizon to get them to reprogram my phone. Now had I just done that to begin with instead of spending hours trying to patch i new unedited files I would have not gained 4 years through the stress.

So your opinion means something to me and that is its your opinion. You are allowed in nature to have it and express it. Just please next time dont attempt to tell people they are wasting time. You have no idea the issues they run into. :heart:

fishstick600

Reaction score
alrighty.. un-rooted usere here just installed froyo!! i read that ill still get OTA's from verizon so god i hope you guys are right.. ill be testing it from here on out but wanna give props to the Devs for getting this out!! thanks a lot guys

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
not really
if you follow the directions at alldroid its real simple.
saves you a lot of trouble and frustrations.

there is nothing more simple than. Go back to stk, (no theme or junk) root is ok. Update ...........it doesnt get any easier than that. AD is just trying to pnoy off of P3's work with the rest of the leak team. Sheesh give them some credit.

P3 and MDw tested this for days to make it simple for everyone

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Maybe 10 extra minutes. Use the SBF and go back to stk. Then update

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
can i uninstall framework-res
its under android themes wich i didnt know i had.

SBF back to stk.............thats how to do it. These were simple instructions for everyone