Froyo auto restoring apps

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love this feature and it almost leaves Titanium Backup obsolete when switching to Froyo Roms. But there is one thing that annoys me. Everytime my apps resync from the market it's like they are dowloaded for the first time (I have to set up all the options in each app, ringtones, notifications, settings, etc...)

If I remember When you restored Titanium's backups they were in the exact state you left them.

Anyway to do the same with the auto restore? Or anyway to disable the sync so I can just do a Titanium restore. Would save a lot of time setting up new Roms.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
The apps are stored on Googles "cloud" while the data you configure is stored on your phone. If you wipe your phone you are wiping the app and the data. Google updates your profile for the apps you downloaded so can push them back to you. They don't know how you configured it, and many people would not like google looking in to their installed apps to see what you are doing.

Use Titanium backup to restore the data only....

OP
Tallica

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The apps are stored on Googles "cloud" while the data you configure is stored on your phone. If you wipe your phone you are wiping the app and the data. Google updates your profile for the apps you downloaded so can push them back to you. They don't know how you configured it, and many people would not like google looking in to their installed apps to see what you are doing.

I was thinking of doing that didn't know how data jived with different Roms but I guess it's just the data from apps that should run on all Roms.

ytwokc5

Reaction score

That's what I do. Def nice to have the restore all apps built into Froyo, but Titanium saves me a lot of work setting everything up again.

Cowpoke

Reaction score
You're lucky, Google's cloud rained my apps out apparently. When I went to Froyo the market forgot about all but about 6 of my apps. had to search and reinstall most. I had used astro to back them up, but someone mentioned that they can not be updated by the market if you reinstall from astro.