Restoring widgets after a ROM change?

jabster

Reaction score
Hi.

I have noticed that widgets do not restore when changing ROMs, etc. I have Titanium backup, and it will restore apps and data (for the most part), but not widgets. I get a placeholder for each one, but they all say "problem loading widget" (or something like that).

Is it possible to do a backup that includes widget data so that I don't have to restore my widgets every time? Or some trick with Titanium of which I'm not aware?

thanks,
john

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
its not possible because that data is stored within the current launcher data file that is being used and when you flash a new rom a new launcher is loaded.

OP
J

jabster

Reaction score
Even after doing a full titanium backup? So that data is not backed up, or can't be restored? I'm using tag home. When I back up all user data, why isn't that included? I guess I'm more used to having a .kde directory which can always be moved & restored. Apparently doesn't work that way here.

Thanks,
John

brando56894

Reaction score
It can be that easy you just have to attack it another way, TI backup says that it can do that but ive always found it to be unsuccessful. The only way Ive found a backup to completely restore everything on my homescreen was to restore the /data partition

OP
J

jabster

Reaction score
Is it safe to restore the whole directory after installing a new ROM? Or just restore /data/data/com...taghome? Or any other app I'd want to restore. Seems like fully restoring that directory could pose problems.