Froyo (Android 2.2) HELP!!

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
Ok so i followed the GUIDE instruction above in this forum. I Did EXACTLY as i was told on each section of rooting the phone and then adding Froyo. I dide the WIPE ALL and then selected to add .ZIP and it went in smooth, now im stuck on the reboot. I know Froyo worked because my startup screen is entirely different but it just sits there on the ANDROID screen that flashes. It acts as if it is going to continue on and goes black but then goes right back to the ANDROID screen...does anyone know whats going on, its been stuck like this for 20+ mins

OP
Irie_Feeling

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
Okay so I got Froyo to work now but now it doesn't find my gps when everything is turned on. I have GPS Checked as well as my mobile networks. I open the map and it just searches and my GPS signal icon never even shows up. Does Froyo have another option im missing or what. I use my GPS daily and would love some help getting that back now.

PS> Froyo is AWESOME!! Its almost as if i bough a whole new phone (to bad its the same phone tho HA!) Responds quickly and well 2.2 is OBVIOUSLY better than the Eris 2.1 there were giving me.

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

Last edited:
OP
Irie_Feeling

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
I am using v39. And as well because of it, every time i go to google.com it Crashes since it cant pull the GPS for location searches..SOMEONE HELP I NEED MY GPS haha :) but yes, please help

Last edited:
OP
Irie_Feeling

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
Ok i let this hang for 3 days and so far no answers. Im uninstalling V39 and going to try for 38. I really hope the GPS works for this one...wish me luck

Gabraham

Reaction score
Go for v37, 38 has about 2hours max battery life

OP
Irie_Feeling

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
Go for v37, 38 has about 2hours max battery life

v37 it is then. i put v38 on already and GPS status/symbol showed up in the status bar when i opened maps so thats a good sign. Definitely dont want my phone lasting only 2 hours so i will do it again with v37. LETS GO GPS!!!

OP
Irie_Feeling

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
So far so good with v37. It runs, its smooth AND the GPS is working :). Its no v39 tho, i definitely liked the layout and look better but this is still better than the stock 2.1 for Eris.

yorT

Reaction score
You have any problems with your camera on v37?

OP
Irie_Feeling

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score

i havent noticed anything wrong with the cam. I dont use it often but i have taken a few pictures since i got v37 and so far so good. Is it laggy or does it FC. Whats going on with it

yorT

Reaction score

i havent noticed anything wrong with the cam. I dont use it often but i have taken a few pictures since i got v37 and so far so good. Is it laggy or does it FC. Whats going on with it
Yeah pictures on v39 isn't as crisp as before and sometimes FC. Just wondering how it was on v37. Thanks.