Froyo and Skype not to perfect together?

n0m0n

Reaction score
Does skype work on froyo?
Ever since I installed froyo I haven't been able to log onto skype.
Is this a known issue or is there something I need to do?

Thanks

black_rain™

Reaction score
i am too having the same issue and after a little analization of my own this is what i've come up with ... having the new froyo installed on the droid and being "rooted"/'modified OS' is the culprit. My findings came from havin an iPhone with a modified/Jailbroken OS and was presented with a message that 'Skype will not work on a modified OS' <--- not exactly what it said but something to that effect

raydog153

Reaction score
Ok, so when skype was working was your phone rooted? I have had my phone rooted since dec, and had skype working, now with froyo it doesn't. That doesn't make sense to me, if it is an issue with being rooted, then it should never worked for me.

marcwinnj

Reaction score
Skype worked on my rooted 2.1, with 2.2 it now crashes on sign in.

iDroid

Reaction score
According to AndroidGuys the relationship between Froyo & Skype is on the rocks. No more using Froyo & Skype to make wifi VoIP calls while bypassing the Verizon network. I hope this is just a little spat and not a breakup.

marcwinnj

Reaction score
Skype update just hit the marketplace-now works

The Skype update just posted to the Marketplace. It now works on Froyo (rooted)

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
The Skype update just posted to the Marketplace. It now works on Froyo (rooted)

Great news!

Yeah, I've been unable to use Skype on my Moto Droid since moving to Froyo - although it's remained working on my Droid Incredible - and this update allowed me to use it again. How cool! dancedroid

-Mike

rgartin

Reaction score
Ok, so I updated to FroYo last night and can find Skype nowhere, searched the Android market and VCast Apps, nothing... Not that I'm going back to 2.1 just for Skype.

raydog153

Reaction score
Well guess what, there was an update today, which includes fixes for 2.2 and now I can login on a rooted/non-rooted phone.

marcogiudice

Reaction score
Ok, so I updated to FroYo last night and can find Skype nowhere, searched the Android market and VCast Apps, nothing... Not that I'm going back to 2.1 just for Skype.
you must be doing something wrong cuz skype is in the android market.. i have heard of certain rom's not finding all the apps in the market place.. check to see if which rom you are using and to see if thats one of the bugs

marcwinnj

Reaction score
You need to install the market place fix

You need to install the market place fix when rooted on 2.2