froyo 4.7 helpppp

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i have tried installing froyo 4.7 a few times and every time i try it seems to be messing up..i am getting it from rom manager in chevyno1s neat stuff....it says it installs successfully and then will go to the droid screen then the blue eye and the blue x and keep repeating back and forth..is this normal for boot up when it if finishing its install? has anyone experienced this..from what i have heard and seen on here, it should only show the x for a while and then it will work after several minutes....i actually have to reinstall my backup to actually get my phone to work again..it is not going to the m sign either so i know it isnt a kernal issue..i dont even have a kernal yet installed in my phone.....any info will be greatly appreciated...btw i did my root with easy root i think thats what it is called....even if that has something to do with it..thanks guys

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
chevyNo1 would probably know the answer to this since he made it and im sure people come to him all the time about it..i cant find anything on here about my problem though...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh sorry i have the DX and am not up on the ROMs lol

but you are in a bootloop. did you wipe data/cache a few times before trying to install

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
First I would download it directly from here ---> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ch...er-more-statusbar-options-music-controls.html <--- second as Abe said wiping Data and Cache is a must, how many times is debatable but at least once, as far as a kernel SS 4.7 has a 1Ghz kernel packaged with it, so this shouldn't be a concern

Get a good download and try one more time after wiping data and cache first, make sure you give it about ten minutes at the Blue Nexus X screen to do it's thing and post back with the results

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
he also said it might look like u r in boot loop on his tutorial, he said but hang in there and it should work...so that is def a bootloop and do u think i should just let it go for like 20 to 30 minutes to see if it works? ur opinion

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i am using clockwork..is that a good enough back up? and if i wipe all data and cache, then how will that app still be in my phone?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Twenty minutes is to long, you are going to have to wipe data and cache both, you will then have Chevy's custom ROM but you will lose all of your settings/apps

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
how do i wipe my data and cache? and will that delete every single thing in my phone>?

do it in clockwork

i am using clockwork..is that a good enough back up? and if i wipe all data and cache, then how will that app still be in my phone?

2.2 should restore all ur apps but id still suggest using a backup app