Droid 1 / Simply Stunning / boot loop

drew

Reaction score
Rooted my 2.2 tonight using the easy root method.
Downloaded the Premium ROM Manager
Tried to install the Simply Stunning ROM
Seemed to be "OK", but when it boots i get the following:

Droid logo
A "blue" eye
then a nice light show that forms an "X".
repeats

I've tried everything i've read so far to get it into "recovery" mode. Pulling the battery does not help.

Any ideas / help?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try doing a wipe data/cache then reinstalling what you had. but make a backup first if you want to go back

OP
drew

drew

Reaction score
i can't get into a boot loader (or else i completely forgot how). All it does is the boot loop. Simple directions on the wipe?

Xerozix

Reaction score
You may have to SBF it. Plug in the phone to your computer and turn it on

Download the motorola tools first though

ding007

Reaction score
I am having the same problem, I installed Chevy SS 4.7. Get to the Droid, blue eye, blue X. Keeps boot looping. I did a backup but how do i load that backup? Any and all help is appreciated

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hold down X while rebooting, and don't let go of X, until you are in the recovery screen. Follow the prompts to do the recovery of your backup.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You may have to SBF it. Plug in the phone to your computer and turn it on

Download the motorola tools first though

sbf directions in the 3rd link of my signature. As is how to back up your phone. As well as how to easily install any of the roms here on this forum in the roms section.

ding007

Reaction score
TY! Does this matter if i am already rooted with universal androot? Will it still work?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
TY! Does this matter if i am already rooted with universal androot? Will it still work?

what prompts?: 3rd link, bottom of the first post, see the screenshot that has an option for "backup/restore"? That would be a good place to go to backup and restore your phone. The screen for Clockwork will be different but there also is a place to restore your backups in that app if that is the recovery tool you are using. You then select the file you made for your backup, and restore it.

Or if starting over:

rsd lite > sbf sprecovery using the directions > flash your rom with sprecovery using the directions. Most roms tell you to wipe data and cache before flashing the rom. Not a bad idea.

As for will it work? I do try and give good help ;)