Front Facing VGA Camera-

brockw1964

Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem activating the front face camera? When I select the button, camera app locks up everytime.

dredger

Reaction score
I am able to use it in camera mode but it doesn't work on Skype. Hoping it is an issue with the Skype version and not the phone

exdox77

Reaction score
I am having the same issue here. The only thing to fix it is to reboot the phone. Once you select that button again it will do the same thing. I have been working on this issue all day. I even wiped the device and started over with no luck. I am taking it back to Verizon tonight.

baniels

Reaction score
I'ts working for me in gtalk and the camera app. Haven't installed skype yet, but noticed in the market that Skype doesn't list the Bionic as a video chat supported device yet.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Works great for me. And the Skype that's in the market doesn't work for the Bionic. You can only make voice calls. I downloaded the hacked version and I think I heard that the hacked version supports video for the Bionic.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Works great for me. And the Skype that's in the market doesn't work for the Bionic. You can only make voice calls. I downloaded the hacked version and I think I heard that the hacked version supports video for the Bionic.

I was playing with a Bionic in a VZW store yesterday and asked the rep to demo a video call. He downloaded an app from the Market called "Tango" or something like that. It worked pretty well.

wallfisher

Reaction score
I am also having the same issues. As soon as I select the front facing icon, the camera shuts down and won't start until I reboot the phone. Will visit Verizon tomorrow.

OP
B

brockw1964

Reaction score
I am having the same issue here. The only thing to fix it is to reboot the phone. Once you select that button again it will do the same thing. I have been working on this issue all day. I even wiped the device and started over with no luck. I am taking it back to Verizon tonight.

I am also having the same issues. As soon as I select the front facing icon, the camera shuts down and won't start until I reboot the phone. Will visit Verizon tomorrow.

Wow, sounds like a bug that needs to be addressed. As the OP, I took mine back to Verizon. While I was there I mas messing with the demo Bionic and a demo DROID 3. Repeatedly switching back and forth between cameras with no issues. Anyway, I returned mine for another, and it works fine. If you are having problems, take it back.