BIONIC Camera too slow. Any replacement?

l3randonkim

Reaction score
Just got the Bionic, phone is nice but the Camera is real bad.

Really laggy and takes too long to take a picture.

So ive been going around looking for new camera apps.

However I downloaded the free version of Vignette and Camera Fx, etc.

but these do not fit the screen of the Bionic completely.

Are there any good ones out there that is recommended for the Bionic?

One that also supports the front facing camera and that fills up the whole screen.

Thanks

kaylesworth

Reaction score
I'm using Camera Zoom FX paid version and it works great. Fills the screen and focuses fast. Best camera replacement I've found so far.

ultrastigi

Reaction score

One that also supports the front facing camera and that fills up the whole screen.

Thanks

What do you want it do? Are you just looking for alternative camera? If that is the case I think you can pull the camera from liberty rom or th3ory rom. They took out the bionic camera and replaced it with another one. I think th3ory has the D3 camera in it.

solution

Reaction score
Im using theory rom atm and i dont notice a difference between atrix and stock bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

vbn

Reaction score
Is anybody aware of a camera that can be used from the lockscreen, so you can avoid several steps and use one of the external buttons to shoot?

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Is anybody aware of a camera that can be used from the lockscreen, so you can avoid several steps and use one of the external buttons to shoot?

I know in widget locker you can put a shortcut so you have it right there. Other than that I don't think you can.

As for the external button to shoot I think they stopped that with the DX. I loved having the button. Now its all touch screen shooting.

crack-flasher thanks to Th3ory. Running D3blurr3d this hour.

Smeech

Reaction score
I recommend Camera Advance.

Defaults to 0.3mp, but you can change it up to 8mp. Lots of options, much quicker.

William_04_x

Reaction score

I just found Livelocker in the market. Custom lockscreen buttons including camera. So far it looks cool.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Lakilaulea

Reaction score

I have Vignette; I replaced the stock camera option on the homescreen with it and you can set it to use the volume rocker to take shots.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score

Thanks

I had the same issue with mine; the time it took to hit the screen and take an actual shot was just too long for me. I posted a question asking for recommendations, and someone recommended Vignette, and so far I really like it. I got the paid version. I also have it set so I don't have to hit the screen to take the shot, I can use the volume button. Now the time between hitting the button and taking the shot is a lot faster.

zachdroid

Reaction score
I had the same issue with mine; the time it took to hit the screen and take an actual shot was just too long for me. I posted a question asking for recommendations, and someone recommended Vignette, and so far I really like it. I got the paid version. I also have it set so I don't have to hit the screen to take the shot, I can use the volume button. Now the time between hitting the button and taking the shot is a lot faster.

Zoom fx is well liked too for speed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums