Front Facing camera

BlueSami

Reaction score
SO my friends and are are really WANTING the X. but there is no front facing camera. (silly)
should i just wait what are the chances of a FF Camera phone out by the end of the year??

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Who knows... I personally see no use for one.

clucernoni

Reaction score
While a front facing camera may be "cool", I highly doubt you will ever use it. This is one of the things the iPhone is bragging about, but how often do you make phone calls first of all(if you are like me you text more than you talk on the phone), secondly when you do talk for the phone...do you really want the other person to see what you look like after work or after going to to gym? Honestly, I don't. So while it may be cool once in a while, I would make a purchase decision for a phone based on it at all.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
Yea at first I was super hype for the front camera in the Iphone4 then they was like umm no wifi so it only works on ATT 3G im like dag then im like ok well ill live with it then they was like oh yea and only people who have iphone4 can make use of it. I'm like WTF?

So yea its cool and all to have the front facing camera but they dont' tell u the small details. IMO Droid X is a fantastic phone If I can sell my Droid 1 I might get one. HDMI and HD 720 Video recording is nice.

w27bill

Reaction score
I "like" the idea of Front Facing Camera...

MOTO DROID 2.1.1
Color me the "odd man out' here, but I think I would dig the ff camera. Especially for Skype (minutes free) video use. My offspring is overseas in military, and w/ be cool to skype w/ 'em anytime/where/place etc. Yeah, sure I can still use my pc to skype him, but this w/ be another time saver: At my desk while i'm working, on a walk, even while i'm drivieng i could set it so he see's me at least. I hadn't even thought of the possibilities of video phone calls. How cool w/ that be for anyone you haven't seen in a while, or very often.
Then again, maybe it's one of those things that once i have it, i wouldnt' use that much?
But, for now, my vote is a big YES for the front facing camera

Aiesline

Reaction score
What about all those times you are trying to take a picture of yourself. No need for a mirror if you have a good FF camera. Will make taking pictures while out with my girls much easier :)

aldaudio

Reaction score
i think it would be nice. how many times have you seen people trying to take pics of themselves either alone or with somebody else, and just holding the camera in front of them hoping they have everybody in the shot?

also, when the iphone4 was announced, the video chat they previewed looked really cool.

iPirate

Reaction score
I currently see no need for it, but future phones will have it and maybe someone will make an app that takes advantage of it. dancedroid

stanwelks

Reaction score
I was not big on it either until I tried Fring on a a friend's EVO. It is not something I would do all the time, however, when I am traveling for business, I think it is a very nice option to have available.

kepley

Reaction score
While a front facing camera may be "cool", I highly doubt you will ever use it. This is one of the things the iPhone is bragging about, but how often do you make phone calls first of all(if you are like me you text more than you talk on the phone), secondly when you do talk for the phone...do you really want the other person to see what you look like after work or after going to to gym? Honestly, I don't. So while it may be cool once in a while, I would make a purchase decision for a phone based on it at all.

Check & mate.

pinesal

Reaction score
Such short sighted people. A front facing camera would be good for more than video calls.

Self portraits which have already been mentioned

What about game that use the camera. Anyone remember the Gameboy camera?

Other things we haven't thought of yet.

eliassami5

Reaction score
It would be cool to have but not necessary at all. Kind of like the air horn on my Jeep..cool to use once in a while but its not like im gonna go around bragging about it or put it in my Craigslist post when it comes time to sell the thing. And it sure as hell isn't gonna deter me from buying a phone that i like just because it doesn't have a FF camera.

Taegost

Reaction score
What about all those times you are trying to take a picture of yourself. No need for a mirror if you have a good FF camera. Will make taking pictures while out with my girls much easier :)

I never thought of that, it would be extremely useful.
As for everyone that is talking about using the FF camera for video conferencing... Did you see the specs on the X? It has 3 microphones, one on the back specifically for video calls :)
Also, one thing to keep in mind about most of the phones with front-facing cameras... They are usually of a much lower quality then the "standard" one on the back of the phone.