droid 1 front facing camera

Reaction score
has anyone attempted an installation of a front facing camera on d1? I see some posts on samsung phones. If not, maybe we make an attempt. I find it hard to believe it is impossible! I have an extra d1 and will be trying soon. dancedroid

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see some posts on samsung phones.
Links?

I find it hard to believe it is impossible!
Certainly not impossible. With enough time, money and skill just about can anything can be done. The question is whether the costs are worth it or not. Don't forget that everything seems easy when you aren't aware of the details.

Do you have any experience with soldering/desoldering on equipment like this?

OP
steve.messer84
Reaction score
I see some posts on samsung phones.
Links?

How to install a front-facing camera on a Samsung Galaxy S

I find it hard to believe it is impossible!
Certainly not impossible. With enough time, money and skill just about can anything can be done. The question is whether the costs are worth it or not. Don't forget that everything seems easy when you aren't aware of the details.

The camera I am finding for this is a $20 replacement that mirrors the pic to capture the video. there are a lot of links to this, and some vids on installation.

Do you have any experience with soldering/desoldering on equipment like this?

I do have some experience with soldering/desoldering of electrical components. Not typically phones, but instruments. the technique doesn't differ, but the allowed space will be fun to conquer! Pretty big difference between fixing and throwing mods in guitars and phones. Let me know what you think of the link. I'll see if I can find the specific cam model.