Frequently called list has disapeared

rj in LA

Reaction score
I am not tech savvy. A couple of weeks ago my D2 started doing a long app install. It turned out to be a new operation system. I guess from reading here for an hour, it is the new "gingerbread".

How do i go back to the old one? Why do engineers get to build stuff intead of users. Here's my peeve:

In the old system, when i went to my "favorites" under the phone dialer, if i had 5 favorites, then after those would be the most frequently called #'s.

Now they have some sort of "most likely" 3 numbers above my favorites. Of course, the three they choose are three of my five favorites! It is just stupid. And my frequently called list no longer exists.

Anyway I can get that functionality back? In fact, I have yet to find any new user interface change they made to be of any worth. Perhaps the "underneath" work is good. It seems faster in some ways and my bluetooth works better with my car hands free.

But I want my old UI back, or at least my frequently called list. Thanks for any help you can give me.

rj

Lenagainster

Reaction score
There are ways to go back to a previous OS, but as you mentioned at the start of your post, not being tech savvy, you run the risk of turning your phone into a brick. Investigate widgets to create your own favorites.

OP
R

rj in LA

Reaction score
ok. no going back. thanks lenagainster.

can you tell me why they changed this feature? why is putting 3 of my already showing favorites into an unscrollable Most likely list above my favorites an "upgrade" over the old frequently called list. I don't need to see numbers twice.

Also, why can't i arrange the order of my favorities instead of forced alphabetical?

if users wrote these operating systems, they wouldn't do such dumb stuff? I just don't get it. Don't the developers read these forums?