frequent incorrect ringtone IDs

ensign

Reaction score
I've got a Droid 2 and I have some ringtone IDs setup using ringtones I transferred to the SD card. Fairly frequently, an incorrect ringtone will "ring" when someone is calling. For example, I have ringtone A assigned to my wife and ringtone B assigned to my Dad...Sometimes when my Dad calls, ringtone B will "ring" and sometimes when my wife calls, ringtone "A" will ring.

Any ideas as to what is causing this issue and how to resolve it?

Thanks!

wildbill86

Reaction score
Had the same problem. I just sbf'd back to stock for other reasons, and didn't set contact ID's this time. It was very annoying.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
E

ensign

Reaction score
Had the same problem. I just sbf'd back to stock for other reasons, and didn't set contact ID's this time. It was very annoying.

Interesting that you have this with a Droid 2 Global too. Seems like some sort of database/index issue. I was wondering if I could get the ringtones on the phone storage and off the SD card to try to resolve it.

wildbill86

Reaction score
Before I sbf'd back to stock, I had a lot of trouble with the phone rebooting when using the slide lock. That's why I sbf'd, I was going to send it in for repairs, however since the sbf. No reboots when using slide unlock. I might try setting a few contact id ringtones to see if this resolved this issue too.

OP
E

ensign

Reaction score
Before I sbf'd back to stock, I had a lot of trouble with the phone rebooting when using the slide lock. That's why I sbf'd, I was going to send it in for repairs, however since the sbf. No reboots when using slide unlock. I might try setting a few contact id ringtones to see if this resolved this issue too.

How did you handle your installed apps, contact info, etc.? Had you backed any of that up, or did you just start from scratch?

Thanks.

wildbill86

Reaction score
I had my contacts backed up to vzw, and I had a backup list of my apps to redownload. I just received a phone call however, and the contact id's still ring the wrong ringtones.