Freezing up. . for a lack of a better description.

brodon

Reaction score
While moving through an app. or contact, my X will freeze up and not respond. The icon or image is still there, but nothing happens upon touch. It takes about 3-4 minutes sometimes for it to respond.

My first X, which fell into a cistern. . . long story) did not do this.

Any ideas. . . .?

Thanks,

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
While moving through an app. or contact, my X will freeze up and not respond. The icon or image is still there, but nothing happens upon touch. It takes about 3-4 minutes sometimes for it to respond.

My first X, which fell into a cistern. . . long story) did not do this.

Any ideas. . . .?

Thanks,

Hey there. Sorry your having issues.

Wow! 3-4 minutes to respond? That's ridiculous. Are you just running

stock with no ROM? Which app are you talking about?

OP
brodon

brodon

Reaction score
Freezing up.

Are you just running stock with no ROM?

I'm not sure what you mean by "stock" . . . so evidently, I must be :)

And "ROM". . . I thought that meant Read Only Memory which is part of the pre-installed bios. . . .correct? Is there something I'm missing?

Also; I'd say 2-3 minutes down would be pretty close. I might use the X for several apps w/o the problem and then it locks up.

It does this while using just about any app.

Thanks. . . .

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you just running stock with no ROM?

I'm not sure what you mean by "stock" . . . so evidently, I must be :)

And "ROM". . . I thought that meant Read Only Memory which is part of the pre-installed bios. . . .correct? Is there something I'm missing?

Also; I'd say 2-3 minutes down would be pretty close. I might use the X for several apps w/o the problem and then it locks up.

It does this while using just about any app.

Thanks. . . .

You are correct, "ROM" on a CPU means Read Only Memory. The term for "ROM" on your phone is basically a tweaked version of your OS build. This means that a ROM is developed to get rid of apps that aren't needed or that you can get in the Market anyway. Some ROM's allow for better visuals and all around speed. Check out the ROM section of this forum, you will learn a lot.

I'm not sure what to do about your problem. Some might suggest you do a factory reset and see if that clears up the issues. Might be worth a shot.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

OP
brodon

brodon

Reaction score
Freezing up.

Thanks for you input.

I will see what ROM info is available.