Freed from iTunes...what program are you using?

Reaction score
drag and drop is easy for adding but not subtracting. Also, Playlists are easier from outside teh droid

iDroided

Reaction score
I've been using Doubletwist with no real issues thus far, other than the damn DRM nonsense.

I just...hate iTunes. So...so much.

skelt11

Reaction score
Are you guys using the free version of MediaMonkey or the Gold version?

Ainvar

Reaction score
I have trying to use Doubletwist since it uses the information from itunes. I use iTunes ans I like it. But it sucks when trying to put music on the droid from an itunes based library along with use the playlists.

In windows it is ok but it takes so freaking long to update its DB with the changes you made in itunes and to your playlists. Forget a quick sync if you want to do that.

I tried Mediamonkey and as powerful as it seems I really really despise the interface. Why not something simple like itunes? I mean I dont care about location or anything like that. Maybe I did not spend enough time with it but the UI just really turns me off from using it. Plus I dont see me going away from iTunes just cause of the droid. I am hoping goggle will make a addon or something like blackberry did with their mediasync. Let iTunes do what it does best and just sync what I tell you from it.

citytim

Reaction score
Recently freed from iTunes too, I'm liking Windows Media player so far because it handles Pictures and Video so well. Anyone know of a good one that does all 3 better than WMP?

silverx10

Reaction score
drag and drop is easy for adding but not subtracting. Also, Playlists are easier from outside teh droid

Bah. Just as easy for removing as it is placing them on there in the first place. Everything is in alphabetical order, so... yeh.

But I will agree that playlists do make the whole management process just a smidge easier.

smgoma

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing i tried to download Motorola media link and it does not seem to work with windows seven should i use media monkey

If you set the Media Link installer compatibility setting to Vista SP2, it will install and work fine. Works with iTunes 9.0.2 also.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No fancy software to organize anything for me either.. I use the Zune Marketplace to download all the music i want for fifteen bucks a month, and Tunebite to get rid of the DRM madness. Drag and drop, ftw!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the record, I have always hated, and have never used iTunes for more than five minutes.. I have been a Zune guy since day one. But I do know lots of folks that feel stuck with itunes because of the player they use...

scottypinthemix

Reaction score
I have had issues with DT crashing. Anyone else?

I haven't had any problems with it crashing, but the "sync" function doesn't always work when I push the "sync" button.

So...what I do is import my iTunes playlists into DT, then drag/drop each playlist that I want on the Droid and it copies them to the phone.