Songbird not syncing right

zobothehobo

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 and I've had it for a while... today I decided to sync it with all my music. I found the general consensus was songbird was the best choice to do this with.... but I've been frustrated out of my mind for five hours trying to get it to sync! I have 847 songs in my library and it DECIDED it ONLY WANTED to sync 123 of them. I have PLENTY of space and my settings were set to let it use all the available space. But no matter what I did it just WOULDN'T sync. I've decided to use Winamp now and it seems to be working just fine I haven't finished syncing but it's showing me how it's doing it. I like the interface, look, and feel of songbird so much better because it's so similar to iTunes plus it has keyboard controls and I was wondering if anyone knows what was wrong with songbird earlier. I can do winamp for the time being, but I would like to switch to songbird in the future... hopefully near.

Thanks for your time.

vovers1

Reaction score
Don't know if you ever got it worked out I have struggled with the same issue in Aug 2012.. I found Songbird 2.0 will not allow AAC format .m4a files to transfer on sync. Not sure why. So only about 30% of my files transferred on sync.
On my RAZR I can connect as USB mode or as Windows Media Player mode. Do NOT use Media Player mode - it converts every file on transfer to wma and takes AGES to sync even a few tunes.
Songbird can look directly at the iTunes library without needing to duplicate anything and you can sync by playlist to the Android.
Songbird itself does not manage media files it just looks at them and indexes what it is pointed at.

Main problem is the need to have only mp3 in the iTunes library....... now that is solved it is working OK.