Media Manager

dhinged

Reaction score
I have the Motorola Droid and an iPod Nano 5th Gen (for radio) and I want to sync music to both using iTunes. I've discovered Motorola Media Link and V-Cast Media Manager will both import from iTunes but Motorola Media Link will try to synchronize with whatever folder you specify in Windows as well as with iTunes, either copying over duplicates or transferring over the entire Droid library into the folder synced on Windows. V-Cast doesn't seem to be able to synchronize at all, but it does let me manually move over 250 music files at a time ;P.

This whole thing is making me want to just jump ship and get an iPhone. Importing from Windows Media Player doesn't behave any differently (though I get more accurate cover art).

What I'm looking for is a solution to synchronize from iTunes to the Droid without all these confusing problems. My music library is in x:\mp3 (not My Documents\My Music), and iTunes handles this absolutely fine, along with all my podcasts. I can get MML and V-Cast to use x:\mp3, but there's no cover art.

What is the best way to syncronize all this stuff?

gszeman

Reaction score
I have the Motorola Droid and an iPod Nano 5th Gen (for radio) and I want to sync music to both using iTunes. I've discovered Motorola Media Link and V-Cast Media Manager will both import from iTunes but Motorola Media Link will try to synchronize with whatever folder you specify in Windows as well as with iTunes, either copying over duplicates or transferring over the entire Droid library into the folder synced on Windows. V-Cast doesn't seem to be able to synchronize at all, but it does let me manually move over 250 music files at a time ;P.

This whole thing is making me want to just jump ship and get an iPhone. Importing from Windows Media Player doesn't behave any differently (though I get more accurate cover art).

What I'm looking for is a solution to synchronize from iTunes to the Droid without all these confusing problems. My music library is in x:\mp3 (not My Documents\My Music), and iTunes handles this absolutely fine, along with all my podcasts. I can get MML and V-Cast to use x:\mp3, but there's no cover art.

What is the best way to syncronize all this stuff?

I use MML to transfer my iTunes library to my Droid and I get great results, all of the tagging is there along with album art.

OP
dhinged

dhinged

Reaction score
I use MML to transfer my iTunes library to my Droid and I get great results, all of the tagging is there along with album art.

I can transfer my music just fine from the iTunes library to the Droid through Motorola Media Link, but the problem is MML asks me to select a folder on my drive to sync music to. I don't want to sync music to a folder, I want to sync it to iTunes!

What happens is that when I transfer my music from iTunes, the next time I sync the Droid, it transfers all the music from the Droid to the Windows folder I selected (default My Documents\My Music). So now I have a copy in x:\mp3 and My Documents\My Music.

How do I get MML to sync the Droid to iTunes? I simply want to be able to make changes in iTunes, then sync the Droid with MML.