Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

Comcast is offering a few solutions for you to get a Motorola XOOMwhen acquiring service with them. This is of course only for new customers.

Depending on your choice you may end up with the tablet for FREE or $99. Either way it’s a great deal and a good time to switch if you were looking for one.​

The promotion is tied into gaining more popularity of the Xfinity apps by Comcast that is currently available in the market. The app allows you to control your DVR and set recording.
If you do call to start service be sure to tell them you want the tablet too. They will mail them out to you, so don’t think you can jump into the service truck and run off with 3 or 4 tablets. ;)

motorola-xoom-comcast-2.jpg

Now offering Motorola XOOM™ tablet From 8/1-9/15​

The XOOM™ offer will be made ONLY through direct mail sent to Non Subs. This offer is only available upon customer request and NOT to be proactively offered. There are three different direct mail offers as outlined below:​
  • Version 1: $99 x 12 Triple Play or step up to an HD Triple Play and get up to a $200 Visa prepaid card.
  • Version 2: $99 x 12 TP or step up to HD Preferred Plus XF Triple Play and receive a Motorola XOOM™ (no price for the HD Preferred Plus XF TP will be mentioned on the piece but the qualifying price point is EDP - $174.99 or HD Premier XF TP at $199.99)
  • Version 3: Free Motorola XOOM™ with the HD Preferred Plus XF TP at $174.99 EDP (CAEs can also sell the customer into the HD Premier XF TP at $199.99 for the XOOM as well.)

Source: Xoom Forums via Android Central

Better to buy the Xoom outright and save yourself the headache from going comcast. Will probably be cheaper in the end anyway.

Comcast where I live is actually quite good. No real complaints about them but frankly, the level of service you have to pay for (channels i mean) is way too expensive. $200 a month just to get a free zoom. I'd rather put $200 a month away in cash and buy it in a few months.

yeah just buy a xoom, leave comcast alone. I switched from them to U-Verse and never looked back about 2 months ago. They kept raising my price and the straw that broke the camels back was they decided they wanted to cancel my current promo price just because they wanted to (check it, without a contract they can do it anytime they want). SO it went up even more so i called them and told them and they didnt care then i said i was leaving they said "well good luck" and hung up. didnt even fight for my business. Their loss, cost them about $1500 a year, now got the same things PLUS more and only costs me $1100 a year.

I would never go back to Comcast. I switch to Fios and get a lot more for quite a bit less money each month. Faster internet, more channels, and multiroom DVR.

You couldn't pay me to go back to Comcast, after experiencing their network throttling first-hand. Coupled with their horrible customer service, and their intent on merging with NBC-Unversal, they're easily one of my most hated companies in America.

Back