Motorola Xoom Official Press Release with Pricing from Verizon - $599 on Contract

Valvoline

Reaction score
ok, 600 on contract (have a device that has an upgrade that is already on the $20/1GB plan so no increase to current bill) and unlocked bootloader??? OK, now I am sold on the Xoom again.

??? upgrade on phone? use it for Xoom? how you gonna make calls? Xoom and smatrphone gonna have seperate contracts, noh?

Valvoline

Reaction score
i'll wait for 2nd gen quad-core xoom, wifi model this summer.*(fingers crossed), i'll be using my rooted X for internet on the go. i'll be elligible for a phone upgrade in april 2012 at which time i will jump over to 4g and use tethering to supply xoom with internet on the go.

in response to laptop lovers v tablet.....i have 3 laptops which are all nice planted in different places either at work or home, i'll be a fool to lug them beasts around. that Xoom however, might be tough to find me without it! looking forward to finding tablet sized bags etc for travels....

RemyL75

Reaction score
i'll wait for 2nd gen quad-core xoom, wifi model this summer.*(fingers crossed), i'll be using my rooted X for internet on the go. i'll be elligible for a phone upgrade in april 2012 at which time i will jump over to 4g and use tethering to supply xoom with internet on the go.

in response to laptop lovers v tablet.....i have 3 laptops which are all nice planted in different places either at work or home, i'll be a fool to lug them beasts around. that Xoom however, might be tough to find me without it! looking forward to finding tablet sized bags etc for travels....

Umm, never said I would be giving up a phone upgrade. I have a mifi that I don't use anymore. It's 20/month. Vzw said that it can be upgraded to either a phone or other device they carry. So getting the Zoom will not raise my bill at all. And I will be eligible for another upgrade in August of this year. Gives me plenty of time to get ready for that Atrix lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dman59

Reaction score
well, I see Verizon website has the xoom available now so let me go through and see what plans they are offering now. Also they are offering the Galaxy Tab for $299 with a 2 year contract.

daddyd302

Reaction score
I was looking forward to the Xoom until I saw the price. The contract price is still high. Maybe if it was $300 with a 2 year contract I might consider it, $600 is too much.

daddyd302

Reaction score
Just an update because I couldn't find the edit button. I was checking Verizon's site and the Xoom is $800 on a 1 year contract???? Are you kidding me? That's the same freaking price as buying it outright.