WiFi-Only Motorola Xoom Hidding Behind The Curtains

t0k3ndr01d

Reaction score
does everyone really think that it is going to be that much cheaper to buy the xoom wifi only model than buy the 3g/4g model at retail without a plan, this is where i might change my mind on "optional" prepaid data cards so say if you buy the 3g/4g model without a plan and might want to use data later so you go buy a 1gb card to load. seems like a good plan to me but only if its optional not where all plans go to that as mandatory

TheOldFart

Reaction score
does everyone really think that it is going to be that much cheaper to buy the xoom wifi only model than buy the 3g/4g model at retail without a plan, this is where i might change my mind on "optional" prepaid data cards so say if you buy the 3g/4g model without a plan and might want to use data later so you go buy a 1gb card to load. seems like a good plan to me but only if its optional not where all plans go to that as mandatory

I would guess the price difference would be about the same as the ipad difference. Doesn't the Galaxy tablet only require a data plan for the first month and then you can buy data for just the months that you want it? I thought that was what I was told at the Verizon store. I'm away from home 2 or 3 months a year and I thought I was told that I could just have data the months that I wanted it. If I'm remembering correctly then I would think it would be the same for the XOOM.

ArrTooDeeToo

Reaction score

The way I understand it, the price is reduced simply by not having the 3g/4g radio installed. That was the case with the iPad, but who knows. It may not make that much of a difference, but I hope it makes it about $100 cheaper as it did the iPad.

I like the idea of having a 3G radio and buying a prepaid data card. Would be handy in case your phone is out of commission.

BTW, *Hiding.

Reaction score
Yeah, I was debating just getting the wifi only and tethering to my Phone, but would that kill my battery? Plus it just seems like it might be more convenient to just turn on and jam :)

Sent from my Droid

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i just read that the WIFI only version will actually be released befor the 3G/4G one...this is def. great news for me =]
cant edit....does anyone know if this will come wit BLUR....i really hope not

Someone above answered that same question, said its stock.

The best thing...it looks nice for being stock Honeycomb. Hopefully we will see that on future phones.
i see well thats good =]...but im not really liking the "FUTURISTIC" font i noticed on the clock lol