Motorola Xoom Official Press Release with Pricing from Verizon - $599 on Contract

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
just to let you guys know. etf for the device is $350. and 3g data plans are $20/1gb, $35/3gb, $50/5gb, $80/10gb. how do i know this... i am a vzw rep and personally i am getting the xoom when it is released. $600 price for all the spec this device offers is not bad. at $800 i definietly was not going to get it. but know that its cheaper im going for it. besides everyone always complains about doing contracts but they end up getting a phone with a contract anyways so i dont see why people complain so much.

I think I will go buy a laptop for $600 and use time warner roadrunner (which is unlminted data and same speed or higher than 3g) for $30 a month. Better yet, I will just run Honeycomb on my rooted Nook Color that only cost me $259, and use Wifi. $20 for 1gb of data is a rip off, IMO. I can view maybe 20 webpages on 1gb.

droidoesall

Reaction score
yes you can go that route and use your rooted nook but the nook does not have all the same specs that the xoom has which is why i want it in the first place. it wouldnt make sence for a company to sell a product and loose money on it. also it costs vzw $20-$30 of upkeep every line every month to keep a line working, and thats not including if you call customer service, which costs $10-$20 depending on what your doing. i find that the data prices are very reasonable and hopefully the 4g data prices will be too. and i live in a downtown city with a lot of wifi areas but not all areas are free wifi.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I am glad we all have choices. Paying for a data plan on a phone and a device is just ridiculous IMO. The Xoom may have some bits of hardware in it, but the OS is no where's near that of a laptop, not even close. It has no benefit past a laptop and it is a luxury item. If people have the money to blow on a Xoom go ahead. I do not see the xoom selling well at all. It will be a total flop. For one reason Moto's last two devices were total flops.

droidoesall

Reaction score
The atrix and xoom are different devices. So its possible the moto is having a change of heart. And as far as moto's last 2 devices. Were the d2 global and Droid pro right? The d2 global actually did pretty good I agree tho the pro didn't sell at all. But the dX was also a big seller. As far as a tablet goes xoom is definitely the best so far and I can't wait till I get mine on Monday.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll admit dx is an appealing device. Well you guys have fun with the xoom. Sorry to give you all a hard time. Let the forums know what you guys think of the device.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

droidoesall

Reaction score
Yes thank u. I will offer my xoom as a test subject if any one wants to root it they can give me the info and I can test ne roms and things like that

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it. Could be a marketing ploy to boost initial sales.

perfoliate

Reaction score
This will be big news if this is true and continues on with their phones

RemyL75

Reaction score
ok, 600 on contract (have a device that has an upgrade that is already on the $20/1GB plan so no increase to current bill) and unlocked bootloader??? OK, now I am sold on the Xoom again.