foxfi has a new update today

I think the main question is if it will work on JB?

Well it came out today so it might, I'm not on jb, so couldn't tell you, if it does there will be alot of happy campers on jb ,still on unlimited

razr on 215 leak

Jelly Bean = PDANET+ FOX FI

Did the new update with jelly bean and new update for pda net and still my hotspot does not work!!! Any ideas???

Did the new update with jelly bean and new update for pda net and still my hotspot does not work!!! Any ideas???

I think the update only fixes the tether problem, they haven't fixed the hotspot for jb yet

razr on 215 leak

This sucks..did the Jelly Bean thing and now no hot spot available via Verizon, FoxFi / PDA...:angry: now the Ipad is all alone..

This sucks..did the Jelly Bean thing and now no hot spot available via Verizon, FoxFi / PDA...:angry: now the Ipad is all alone..

Feel your pain bro.

I was psyched to get JB, I dig all the features but realized that I couldn't tether anymore. We haven't bought internet in the 6 months we've moved out because I've been tethering everything off my phone. Not being able to tether was not an option. I really avoided rooting this phone like I did with all my others before because let's face it.....**** never really works absolutely perfect after root but I finally just had to do it to get my tethering back. Might be an option for you too.

Yea my tablet is lonely too :(

I hope Foxfi speeds up and do a workaround on it soon. The main kicker is that VZW forced the update on people.

I downloaded the new JB other day and tonight found my USB tethering didn't work as expected. I then looked up Foxwifi for USB and downloaded it; uploaded to the lap top...following on phone and laptop instructions. Had to turn on USB debugging and poof....I had USB WIFI for my meeting. Worked perfectly.

Today, 01:49 AMLostinBlackHills
I downloaded the new JB other day and tonight found my USB tethering didn't work as expected. I then looked up Foxwifi for USB and downloaded it; uploaded to the lap top...following on phone and laptop instructions. Had to turn on USB debugging and poof....I had USB WIFI for my meeting. Worked perfectly.

I have the Ipad 4. Is there a way to do this via USB, but I do think so?

Yea my tablet is lonely too :(

I hope Foxfi speeds up and do a workaround on it soon. The main kicker is that VZW forced the update on people.

You could have done 215 leak and been off the update path, until the bugs got worked out

razr on 215 leak

I feel for you all. I originally froze the updater on my rooted ICS RAZR Maxx because I wanted to make sure my WiFi hotspot hack remained. Luckily it kept when I unfroze the updater and took the plunge. Mobile hotspot works great on JB. Consider rooting if only for this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I keep getting the update message on my phone. It's been downloaded on my Razr Max but not installed. I haven't oked the install until I find out more about it. I use my WIFI hot spot all the time so I'm glad I haven't allowed the install yet. Any clue on when this will be fixed?

I keep getting the update message on my phone. It's been downloaded on my Razr Max but not installed. I haven't oked the install until I find out more about it. I use my WIFI hot spot all the time so I'm glad I haven't allowed the install yet. Any clue on when this will be fixed?

I am with you on this. I am not installing it because I don't want to lose my tethering ability. I use it way to much. Is there any way other than rooting to get rid of the notification to install the update? I really would like to stay stock if I can and also stay on Verizon's unlimited data plan.

My friend updated her razr not knowing this would happen so now shes upset... What would be the easiest way to root her fone and wat rom shoukd i install for her to gt back her hot spot feature???

Back