Foxfi update

jmanches

Reaction score
As the title says, my foxfi just updated and it says it now works with the razr and other Motorola phones. Time to update! =)

recDNA

Reaction score
As the title says, my foxfi just updated and it says it now works with the razr and other Motorola phones. Time to update! =)

What is the "data restriction" on the free version of Foxfi? Is it time related as well as total data related? I use relatively little data but need to connect for a couple of hours at a time. If I wanted the paid version I would just pay vzw.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

jmanches

Reaction score
As far as i know, it's a one time fee of like 8 dollars

brobox

Reaction score
Verizon $20. a month. Foxfi $7.99 one time charge. I have been using it since it came out and it's worth every penny. I have not updated to JB yet because of Foxfi, but I will now. Great news to have Foxfi back with JB.

recDNA

Reaction score
Verizon $20. a month. Foxfi $7.99 one time charge. I have been using it since it came out and it's worth every penny. I have not updated to JB yet because of Foxfi, but I will now. Great news to have Foxfi back with JB.

But after spending the 8 bucks vzw could block or update in a month so 8 bucks out the window.

RazrZen

Reaction score
Works! :icon_ lala:DancingNexus
However - because of "certificate" authorizations in the setup process, my initial screen now locks and I have to manually unlock my phone. I tried to turn it off in Settings/Security but no such luck. When I choose to disable I see that it says: "Disabled by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage"

waterweezel

Reaction score
Works! :icon_ lala:DancingNexus
However - because of some "certificate" authorizations in the setup process, my initial screen now locks and I have to go through one more step to open my phone. I used to not lock my screen for convenience. I tried to turn it off in Settings/Security but no such luck. Seems to be permanently on now. Ideas?

Mine is the same but I think that the screen lock must be on for foxfi to work. To shut off the screen lock I believe you have to go to settings, security and screen lock, clear credentials to remove the certificate

RazrZen

Reaction score
Mine is the same but I think that the screen lock must be on for foxfi to work. To shut off the screen lock I believe you have to go to settings, security and screen lock, clear credentials to remove the certificate

Whelp - I did some of that - deleted the "User" certificate (not "all" as there is a slider on upper screen under credentials). Re-started foxfi and walked me through another authentication. Noticed there was a message about choosing "pattern" for security instead of PIN. Oops. That's were I eff'd up. Anyway, it didn't change anything. Rebooted. Nothing. I think I might have to do a fresh install. UGH. Double UGH. more time more time more time...

brobox

Reaction score
But after spending the 8 bucks vzw could block or update in a month so 8 bucks out the window.

I have used Foxfi for a year. Verizon @ $20. a month = $240. Foxfi @ $8. total = a net savings of $$232. A chance worth taking for me. I am already paying Verizon for the data, why should I pay again to use it?

OleManDan

Reaction score
I have used Foxfi for a year. Verizon @ $20. a month = $240. Foxfi @ $8. total = a net savings of $$232. A chance worth taking for me. I am already paying Verizon for the data, why should I pay again to use it?

I would think of the Foxfi charge of $8.00 as an expense that's cheaper than eating out for one lunch.
If it works for you... great.
If it don't... your only out $8.

(The price is equivalent to a burger,fries and malt at McDonalds.)

Either way let us know the outcome.

swharshbar

Reaction score
Says it will work now with my maxx hd...looks like it should work but doesn't broadcast WiFi. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

recDNA

Reaction score

It save nothing if it doesn't work. If I ordered a meal at McDonald's (God forbid!) and the power goes out I get my $ back even though a power outage isn't their fault. Spend 8 bucks for foxfi (used to be free full service) and vzw blocks it or it doesnt work I'm out 8 bucks! Since you can turn vzw wifi on and off a day a a time losing 8 bucks is no savings in my book. If foxfi gave 1 year. money back it works or else no excuses warranty THEN it would be a great deal.