foxfi vs. blutooth

solohikr

Reaction score
I have been using foxfi, with my razr. I just recently discovered you can use bluetooth thru the native phone under tethering and mobile hotspot. My question is does VZ charge extra for this? what is the difference between using foxfi or the bluetooth option? I know if you try to use the hotspot it requires additional charge from VZ.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you on a share everything plan? If so, then its free, if not.. then I think they charge for it.. but I use foxfi only so idk truly :)

xtor

Reaction score
I'm unlimited, and pay for hotspot, but vzw's hotspot doesn't stay connected, so i us foxfi, and my wife uses foxfi, and she doesn't pay for hot spot, we have had no problems,

point of origin

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Someone posted that they had used the Bluetooth a while back and never received a noticed that they would be charged. I don't think the question ever got answered at the time.

William_04_x

Reaction score
BT tethering is free, but the data transfer speeds are typically slower than a wifi connection.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I would do USB or FoxFi over BT. BT wouldn't be all that great IMO.

USB tether SHOULD still be free. At least it was on my Bionic back in June/July. USB tethering has been free for a while, I think I discovered it back in Jan, and it seems like only LTE phones can do it freely.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
tjk629 said:
I would do USB or FoxFi over BT. BT wouldn't be all that great IMO.

USB tether SHOULD still be free. At least it was on my Bionic back in June/July. USB tethering has been free for a while, I think I discovered it back in Jan, and it seems like only LTE phones can do it freely.

You have been able to usb tether with pdanet and easy tether for a long time

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Someone posted that they had used the Bluetooth a while back and never received a noticed that they would be charged. I don't think the question ever got answered at the time.
That was me that posted the question about the mobile hotspot BT tethering awhile ago and never received an answer. I used it a few times and have yet to be charged.

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2