Anyone use the FoxFi App

drgnshadow85

Reaction score
I was going to know if anyone has been using the foxfi app. And have you occured any fees/charges with using it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
I WISH I could use it but sadly I tried it and it doesn't work on my Rezound or all htc phones ... :( every time I hit activate it never works

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I WISH I could use it but sadly I tried it and it doesn't work on my Rezound or all htc phones ... :( every time I hit activate it never works

Does the device you're trying to connect to have Bluetooth? The description in the Google Play store that says "WiFi mode does NOT work on...any HTC phones, use Bluetooth mode instead." They tell you right up front that the WiFi hotspot won't work, but that the Bluetooth hotspot will.

I've used FoxFi a few times in a pinch, but I'm usually within range of WiFi when I'm trying to use a device other than my phone to get online. I've never had any fees/charges for the brief times I've used it.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;trKavf_soGU]http://youtu.be/trKavf_soGU[/video]

I have used it. This is my demo video. It works great and it bypasses the carrier app so no fees have been charged to me by Verizon!​

anthony_rada

Reaction score
Fox fi is an amazing app. Works well for me.

forum8417

Reaction score
yea ive been using it for a bit too. especially when im at work with my tablet. and i havent gotten anything from verizon(fingers crossed). i have had no problems with it.

anthony_rada

Reaction score
yea ive been using it for a bit too. especially when im at work with my tablet. and i havent gotten anything from verizon(fingers crossed). i have had no problems with it.

Same here (fingers crossed)

OP
drgnshadow85

drgnshadow85

Reaction score
Thnx y'all. I have Verizon and I've used it until I saw that a friend turned it on and my data was at 12 gigs. Thnx for unlimited data.

Robotics

Reaction score
I have the Droid Razr (completly stock) and I have used it a few times, and so far so good...no charges :)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was going to know if anyone has been using the foxfi app. And have you occured any fees/charges with using it?

I've been using Foxfi for almost 3 months with no problems. But I don't go using 10GB or more per billing cycle. This month will be my highest at 2.3GB of tethering data.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

OP
drgnshadow85

drgnshadow85

Reaction score
Yeah...it's great but after all the 12 gigs. I ain't gonna use it very much

thegreatone3

Reaction score
I try to use it sparingly because I'm paranoid about attracting attention from Big Red, but it works pretty darn good for keeping my wifi only iPad connected to my Razr's 4G. :)

mb68

Reaction score
I use it my spouse uses it and never have we gotten charged.We use about 6-8 gigabyte a month