Ford Sync vs Galaxy S4

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Is anyone else having as much problem with their S4 connecting to Ford Sync as I am? It connects with Bluetooth audio but is not compatible via USB? My music is on my device not on an SD card so I'm not sure why it is not compatible. Its function fine with my iPhone so I don't know what the problem is. Boo

~ Beth ~

"Be nice to those you meet on the way up because you will meet them on the way down."

cris

Reaction score
On my f150 I tried everything to get it to work. Master reset. Restore defaults. I finally had to remove the battery cable for 5 minutes then reconnect. Sync works now for me.

Malkavian

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Ford Edge. It is an older system and is not touch screen. I can connect via bluetooth and then you can play music from your device by selecting bluetooth audio from the menu or telling the system bluetooth audio. You then start the music program on your phone. You also have to make sure in bluetooth settings for the SYNC connection that you have telephone and media selected. I have not tried connecting via USB because I'm connected via bluetooth.
Hope this helps.
Michael

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Bluetooth works fine. It's the USB function that doesn't work.

~ Beth ~

"Be nice to those you meet on the way up because you will meet them on the way down."

cris

Reaction score
Just tried mine and it worked. . Make sure your phone is set to usb media. If that still don't work I bet you need to remove the positive battery cable for 5 minutes. Its like a hard reset like you would pulling the battery from your phone.

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I'm also going to try using the Samsung cable just in case it's my aftermarket usb. I'll try the battery thing tonight and let you all know how it goes. Stay tuned!

~ Beth ~

leapnlineman

Reaction score
Try setting your radio on the Edge to Sync then go to menu-select source-usb, hit OK.