Ford SYNC?

jermort

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck playing music from SD card on a Ford Sync via USB?

PowrDroid

Reaction score

Luck? Why would it take luck? I used to do it all the time with my D2G. I just tried bluetooth streaming today with my Maxx HD and 2012 F150. Worked great.

Are you telling your vehicle "Line In" then "USB" before you attempt to play music? Keep in mind if you want to play a specific song by voice command the recording must have tags (i.e. song title, artist, genre, etc.) in order for sync to play it.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Yes I do. It take sync sometime to find it but it does play the music. However why do you use the USB instead of the Bluetooth?

Sent on my Moto RAZR HD while I'm in class, in a meeting, in a waiting room, or in the bathroom

OP
J

jermort

Reaction score
USB has superior sound quality. Bluetooth always works but I don't like the quality. With JB you loose the mass storage USB setting, Ford sync cannot find any music files.

Reaction score
USB has superior sound quality. Bluetooth always works but I don't like the quality. With JB you loose the mass storage USB setting, Ford sync cannot find any music files.

I never really paid any mind to the sound quality between the two. Nice since I'm told about it, I"m sure I would start to notice it lol